Mobile Car Pack for Game Developers

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by fatboxsoftware, Oct 6, 2013.

1. fatboxsoftware

fatboxsoftware Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    #1 fatboxsoftware, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    Hi everyone. Throwing this out there for any game developers. Complete low poly car asset pack. If you're not interested please disregard, if you are follow through and check out all of the imagery and details. What you see below is the full car pack. The colored models are completed right now and the grayed out ones are in production.

http://igg.me/at/mobilecarpack/x/2305754

[​IMG]

UPDATED:

I've updated the Unity webplayer to show a full 360 rotation of the completed models thus far. You'll get a better idea of the detail and shading of the geometry in this scene. I've also made a few changes on the reflection map and some details on the earlier models. Halfway through the pack only 7 days in!

WEBPLAYER DEMO

[​IMG]

2. dzkdes

dzkdes Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    They look like randomly ripped off from other games, as they are not even consistent with each other.

3. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    @dzkdes - I appreciate your concern, but I would not jeopardize my professional reputation by stealing or ripping any models. These are hand crafted by myself. There are slight continuity issues, and that only stems from the fact that these were all created over a wide range of time. I created some of these 2 years ago and others only 6 months ago, they are for sale on the Unity Asset Store. I didn't really have to go for uniformity when I was creating them for the store. I will be doing a polish pass on some of them to ensure uniformity...i.e. things like 3d geometry rims on the car that looks like a Mustang. I want to ensure the pack looks uniform. Thank you for your concern.

4. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  5. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    Work in Progress of one of the High Performance Cars being completed today. This one is based on the Bugatti Veyron. I will however not be modeling some of the Veyron specific details. Going to make this one just appear to be an exotic high end car mixed with body lines, etc of other high end cars.

[​IMG]

6. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    Completed the 7th vehicle for the mobile car pack. This one came in at 1,202 polygons with a 512x512 PSD texture.

[​IMG]

7. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  8. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    #8 fatboxsoftware, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    NEW BONUS: Included with every perk $10 and above is the complete Modular City Pack. What good are a pack of vehicles without roads to drive them on? This pack is already completed and ready for delivery. The pack will be delivered via digital download in Unity package format and FBX file formats. All associated textures are included.

9. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  10. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  11. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    UPDATED:

I've updated the Unity webplayer to show a full 360 rotation of the completed models thus far. You'll get a better idea of the detail and shading of the geometry in this scene. I've also made a few changes on the reflection map and some details on the earlier models. Halfway through the pack only 7 days in!

WEBPLAYER DEMO

[​IMG]

12. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  13. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  14. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    Vehicle #09 texturing/uvs/modeling completed. This is the asset rendered in the Unity Game Engine. The vehicle is loosely based around a Focus RS racing vehicle. This model came in at 875 polygons and a 512 x 512 texture map.

[​IMG]

15. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    This is a demo of the modeling pass completed for the 10th vehicle in the mobile car pack. This model came in at 858 polygons for the LOD 0 (highest LOD). The vehicle is a reference to a Lamborghini Murcielago, but has been modeled to not match it's real world counterpart. The design is a mix of multiple exotic super cars and a bit of artistic license.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvud6UZAZjs

16. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    Car #10 completed and rendered in the Unity Game Engine. The final poly tally is 860 polygons and the asset uses a 512 x 512 PSD texture for the diffuse and reflection (in alpha channel).

[​IMG]

17. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  18. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    This is the "Porsche 911" inspired vehicle. Came in for the final poly count at 930 polygons. Uses a 512 x 512 customizable PSD texture. I've also finally came up with a shader for Unity that will allow you to "paint" only the metal car body with the Unity color picker! Will show that off in the next demo build.

http://igg.me/at/mobilecarpack/x/2305754

[​IMG]

19. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  20. dwc

dwc Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff you're doing there. We've funded your campaign with 30$ keep it up.