Anyone have download numbers from recent launches?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by flathead, Aug 8, 2013.

1. flathead

flathead Active Member

May 16, 2013
    If you've recently released an app and willing to share download data I would appreciate if you answered a few questions:

1. What kind of marketing, if any, did you do?
    2. How many downloads have you received so far?
    3. Did you do any app store optimization?
    4. What would you do differently?

thanks guys!

2. CharredDirt

CharredDirt Well-Known Member

Hey there,

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-dancer-harlem-shake/id635144851?mt=8

About a month after my launch of Pocket Dancer: Harlem Shake. We did a little bit of marketing but not a full scale blitz. Got picked up by at least one site. I did do some app store optimization.

For download numbers, the first week, every day was around 100 downloads. A month afterwards, it's dropped to around 40-60 downloads a day.

If I would change anything, I would have spent more time on the art on the cover/app icon, I would have had more of a press release, and I would have put an In app purchase in there to remove ads. The thing is, this game has a totally original concept but that's the sort of thing that needs to have articles written about it to get people interested. Didn't launch with a video either, that hurt. Hopefully, my next game will have a larger launch. Also, with a game that is about the Harlem Shake, we launched too late to catch the trend.