Al my certificates just stopped working..

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by dangerz, May 19, 2009.

1. dangerz

dangerz Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Gahhh.. such a pain in the ass.

I went to add a new certificate today. Added it to the app, built it and it didnt work. After giving up on that and going back to vipValet, it's certificates don't work either.

Now all my certificates don't work. It's driving me up the wall. I'm going to just try to delete every single one and start all the cert stuff over.

Just wanted to vent.. gahhhh

2. Shroomies

Shroomies Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I feel your pain. I have a personal Apple Developer account and my company has one too. Both the development and distribution certificates expired at the same time for the company account 2 weeks ago. About a week after that, the personal certificates expired. Neither accounts were close to the annual renewal dates so I'm not sure why the certificates expired. To fix the certificates I ended up revoking all of the certificates from the Program Portal and requesting new certificates using the same private keys I used the first time I did all of this.

I love working with the iPhone SDK but I wish Apple would make the code signing easier.

3. sumiguchi

sumiguchi Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Developer (Business Apps)
    Canada
    My certificates all expired as well... :( Had no idea - so glad to here its not just me!

4. kenlem

kenlem Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Are you certs still valid?

I had the same problem this week. My certs were still valid but there was a problem with my keychain.

5. dangerz

dangerz Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    I don't know what the issue was.. none of them worked.

I had to redo all my certificates and now they work fine.

6. buxman

buxman Active Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Sweden
    Had some similar problem, my fix was to open the Keychain Access program and make "login" the default keychain. Somehow it got lost.
    Though I'd mention that incase anyone else happen to run into this.

7. kenlem

kenlem Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    buxman - That's the same thing I had to do. No idea why that happened but it did take me a bit of time to figure out.

8. buxman

buxman Active Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Sweden
    Yeah it's really strange, have still no clue why it happened for me either :)

/ Alex