Yappy Dog Games Hiring Freelance Programmer

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Will090, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

#1 Will090, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
    Hello, several Toucharcaders and I have been hard at work designing the art, thinking up a storyline, and creating ideas for an upcoming Mario Style platformer called Xeno and Zero. Most of the early processes are finished and we are looking for someone who can program the game. The programmer will get a negotiable percent of the game's profits (Percent of profits after Apple takes it's cuts. IE if we make $100 and Apple takes 30 you get ___% of the 70). If interested please PM me. If your are interested, but not sure, you can alse join the Xeno and Zero social group to see the progress the game has made so far.
    Thanks,
    Yappy Dog Games

2. Uptown Arts

Uptown Arts Well-Known Member

You may want to work out exactly what you mean by percentage of profits. Apple makes it really hard to figure out exactly how much of the gross comes from any particular one of a developer's apps.

3. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Well first of all hi, I'm one of the artists for Yappy Dog Games and what he means by percentage is let's say we sell the game for $1, the programmer gets 25%, if we sell one copy in a month (which we hope not) then lets say apple takes 15c and we keep 75c, the programmer gets 19c. So that is how it's going to work.

4. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    20 - 25% sounds just about right for a profit sharing programmer. Might want to indicate this is after apple takes their cut.

5. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Fixed the main post to reflect this, thanks

6. sumiguchi

sumiguchi Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Developer (Business Apps)
    Canada
    I know you were "just saying" but in fact Apple takes 30%.

7. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar