10 games you are playing

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fabell, Feb 7, 2016.

1. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    So the idea of this thread is to post (up to) 10 games you are currently playing your heart out to on your mobile device, and then a short description of your current impressions.

Ten might be a stretch, but for some of us (myself included) it's hard to choose which to share.

2. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    1. Eternal Arena - dang, this is fun. It's totally inane, freemium hit-you-over-the-head design, but it's a joy to play something that gives you that dopamine surge only a game that took bite-sized pieces from Diablo, the average Moba, and mobile dungeon arenas and then packaged them into individual shots of gaming crack.

2. Air Attack 2 - I keep whiddling away at this monster but it's so hard as a completionist but not a very good schmupper. Still it's so beautiful I love logging in to get the experience each day.

3. The East New World - hard! Hard! It's like Goblin Sword but gives you the impression you don't need only skill, since you can level up and buy upgrades if you spend enough time on it.

3. Swordigo - I felt guilty for never finishing this, so after a clean restore (finally getting Game Center to work on my phone) I am delving into this big time. Maybe for finish-keeps this time.

5. Final Fantasy 4: The After Years - the design team for this game seems to have made every mistake in the book when it comes to RPG design. Too easy, too hard (at the wrong times), killing incentive by taking away items you spent good money on, killing off beloved characters every other scene (and so on). It's a hard game to play and appreciate. But it seems a tragedy I've never finished it. So I'm trying.

6. Adventures of Mana - a Mana game with 900 achievement points? (Disappears into the gaming nether) Now, if they'd only add achievement points to Secret of Mana...

7. Magic: Puzzle Quest - this is the only match-3 game I kept on my playing roster. It's just dang addictive, without the temperamental teenage angsty outbursts I usually get embarrassed by when playing regular Magic.

8. Oceanhorn - another one of those "I'm embarrassed I never finished it." Strangely, the fishing achievements might actually get me to the end of the game. I'm as weirded out as anyone by this.

9. Order and Chaos 2 - such a beautiful game, awesome writing. The only downsides are the torrential flood of Chinese players who see no harm in kill stealing and the obvious 11-th circle of hell sin of paid inventory management. I start playing for a half-hour and then end up infinitely frustrated for another 20 minutes trying to figure out what to do with the crap I just picked up.

10. Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey - slooow. Not terribly exciting gameplay (yet, anyhow). NPC dialogue is half-interesting. The graphics are beautiful, but every time I play I forget how to play. It's the end of the list (I play this the least) but I still want to kill King Wirsula just because it totally seems in reach and possible to actually finish this one, and nothing has been heard about the next segment yet. So there appears to still be time to finish it.

3. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Well there's XCOM: EW, FFT:WotL, Dodonpachi Ichimen Banchou, Monument Valley, Lara Croft and GoL, Diablo 3 on my MBA

4. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    What's GoL?

5. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    FFRK, Adventures of Mana, XCOM:EW, and Clash Royale. Not really touching anything but those 4. If Darkest Dungeon ever gets ported over though..............

6. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Final fantasy xiii and xiii-2
    Only available in Japan and played off a server nonetheless kick ass since I have never played it until now! Bought both and paid about 45$ combined of course I had to convert to yen so it wa like 4500 yen

Grimms Notes
    Story revolves around the Grimm fairly tales but very rpg build a team and battle and the battles remind of me of TWEWY a little

Final fantasy adventures aka adventures of mana
    Great port of gameboy Classic

Phantasy Star Online iOS
    Only in Japan but it's based off the best sega rpg phantasy star enough said :)

Final fantasy vii
    Still trying to finish it :)

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X
    The only way I can play kingdom hearts on iOS and it rocks wish it would go worldwide

Pop Up Story by Square Enix
    New rpg that I found on Japan App Store it mixes rpg with a pop up story 3D style and honestly hard to explain but pretty fun to play haven't got far into it yet

Möbius Final Fantasy
    I love final fantasy games so this free to play isn't all that bad and the graphics are nice!

Final fantasy grandmasters
    It's a spin off of final fantasy XI I believe but anyway it's a free to play where you can team up with others to face battles and it's pretty fun

The world ends with you
    Always playing this one and it's prolly my fav RPG ever!

7. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Only in Japan...

I wish I was in Japan... Or had a Japanese address. Lucky!

8. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I made a Japanese account to see what the differences were between JP FFRK, and Global FFRK. You should just make an account.

9. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Just starting
    VainGlory

Continuing:
    Clash of Clans
    I won't consider it beat until I max stars everything on the map in campaign, only lacking one on the final mission

Badlands
    It's fun but I'm sooo casually playing it.

All the other games are just sitting there, I'm trying to get atleast 20 gb free for music now. I really need to fire up more games since I have about 144 games.

10. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I am most engrossed by Crashlands, which is truly wonderful.

However, I'm also still dipping in and out of This War of Mine (bleakly brilliant); Downwell (for some adrenaline); Super Phantom Cat (to calm down); Wayward Souls (just started for the first time a couple of days ago); HoPiKo (maddeningly brilliant and I'm a little bit OCD trying to finish the final few stages but slowly losing the will to go on); and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (not very far into it and boy, am I bad at it, but it's so well put together).

Once Crashlands is done, I'll probably take on FF Tactics or FFVI, as I want to free up some space for FFIX when it comes.

11. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Downwell - I'm enjoying it, but I'm crap at it

Divide by Sheep - good puzzler

Switcheroo - good "play while watching telly" puzzler

Implosion: Never Lose Hope - I'm enjoying the hell out of this. Not sure about the currency though. So far I'm getting by fine on the items I find.

Flockers - nice variation on Lemmings. This is more of an occasional dip in, but I'm enjoying it.

Recently finished:
    Trick Shot - short and sweet

Guardian Sword - this one haunted my dreams and made me neglect my kids till I finished it.

12. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Mmm... Not grabbing me that one.

13. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yeah, HoPiKo is a bit of a love it or hate it beast. I get it's not for all.

14. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #14 vectorarchitekt, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Most of these are older go-to's mixed with new.
    1. Sage Solitaire - so good
    2. Dungelot 3- makes the others obsolete
    3. Twofold Inc- getting the hang of it
    4. Hue Ball - addicting as hell
    5. Space Grunts - best OP game so far
    6. Faif - an all time favorite
    7. Crossy Maze - another all time favorite
    8. Halfpipe Hero - great vibe, quick fix game
    9. Card Crawl - obviously one of the greats
    10. Nine Out 2 - an addicting numbers game

15. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    I really really want to get back into Implosion. It feels like such a great game. Too many other things to finish first! Argh!

I'm super hyped about the developer and their suppose movie/film/tv deal. I so badly want to see a Cytus or Implosion OVA.

16. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Not 10 but,

1) 12 Odins - So much fun. Being a healer in the multiplay battles kinda takes me back to my WoW days.

2) Grimms Notes - Its kinda fun, but I prefer the above.

3) Baldurs gate ii - I just keep coming back after all these years..

17. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Damn 12 Odins sounds like what i am looking for. Is it coming to US?

18. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Its obviously nowhere near as complicated as wow, just the feeling of being helpful to a group reminds me of wow is all. There are skill trees and classes etc though..

I dunno if its coming to english markets but i have noticed some peoples characters default messages are in english, if that makes sense.. So it could be possible.

19. momism

momism New Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Accountant
    Blantyre, Malawi
    #19 momism, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    10 games Im playing

This is my list.

1. One Piece Treasure cruise - huge one piece fan and like the fact that i get diff characters.
    2. Clash Royale - getting addicting by the day for me.
    3. CLash of CLans - i play the game to help friends in war.
    4. Implosion - i love the style of play so enjoyable
    5. Football manager handheld 2016 - love the idea of starting jobless and reaching the top with a simple team you joined
    6. Crashlands - getting there but getting the hang of the game
    7. Punch Club - just started lets see how itll turn out to be
    8. DIgimon Heroes - i think its just a time passer cant say i dont like it but cant say i like it that much either
    9. Anime stuido story - just started playing so tried to figure out the perfect mixtures for a hit anime
    10. Pocket planes - a great classic

since its a 16 gb iphone i limit myself to a few games till am done so I can update myself with another list after am satisfied enough with a game.:D:D:D

20. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    One piece is awesome and the game isn't bad I'm with you on collecting the characters