Doodle Jump Tips?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiwiLime, Nov 24, 2009.

1. KiwiLime

KiwiLime Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Sorry if this has already been posted.. But how do people get such a high score in Doodle Jump?

Does anyone know any tips and/or tricks that can help me get a higher score than my friend(s)?

And what are your preferences in the settings menu, i.e. full/classic, directional/non-directional (Don't know the other option haha)?

Thanks! :D

2. tukun

tukun Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    i got 23k is that high?

3. jerryloveninja

jerryloveninja Active Member

Nov 18, 2009
    New York City
    Well, you could try to use your steadier hand (my left hand, in my case) and control/tilt the phone with that hand. Use your right hand to shoot monsters.

I get 100k, so it's not the best score, but yeah, hope that tip helps.

4. jerryloveninja

jerryloveninja Active Member

Nov 18, 2009
    New York City
    My bro plays with the Classic mode and he gets 150k, and he likes playing that mode since it doesn't have the distraction of dragging those blue platforms. Then again, classic mode is a bit slow at first, but at least it's consistent, I reckon.

5. Elimin8

Elimin8 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    hrm play on classic mode... less enemied and less distractions but no jet pack/parachute hat/trampoline/spring boots.
    My high score is 37K

6. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    On Classic mode i get about...60-70K

On Full-on Mode, i get about 45-50K...stupid dragable blue platforms :p

Oddly enough, i too use my left hand to control it...though my right hand is dominant xD

7. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I get around 40k on regular mode. I would say don't worry too much about items and don't be afraid to go through the sides to make things easier. A lot of the time I completely avoid monsters instead of trying to shoot them or jumping on them. In the end practice and lots of time playing will get you the high scores.

8. tukun

tukun Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    lol my score is pathetic. any tip ?

9. KiwiLime

Nov 11, 2009
    Thanks, classic is as bit slow in the beginning, but I still end up getting the higher score on that. :D

10. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    I am left-handed and I use my right hand to control it. There must be some reason.

11. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    concentrate...

I got 38,000... am i nuts? but if you rename your character ''ooga'' , theres an easter egg and its way easier to shoot... so you don't die. but other than that you just have to keep playing it. and don't get the power-ups if they are in a dangerous spot, they might just be there to lure you into dying...

12. Real Racing Fan

Real Racing Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I wish
    THE MATRIX
    38,000 is nothing. How bout 127,879?

13. KiwiLime

Nov 11, 2009
    Lolpwned.

14. Mr REEF3r

Mr REEF3r New Member

Mar 12, 2010
    300,000!!!

I have a couple tips and have gotten almost 300,000 so they might be helpful.

First, turn directional shooting off! The only monster that can hurt you are the ones that you will jump into from directly below, so it makes sense to be able to shoot directly above you.
    Secound, dragging the blue platforms become very easy when you realize the trick. If you've noticed that the background is a grid, you've probrably realized there is a slightly darkened horizontal line in the grid that records the highest point you've reached.(this is also the line that u must pass to gain points). All you must do is drag the platform to(for maximum points) or below(easier, but less points)this line
    Third, always be prepared to shoot. There are some patterns in platform arrangments that can warn of dangers, as well as sounds when playing with volume, but when it comes down to it, hood reflexes will save you more then anything else.

I hope these help, see you in te leader boards!!!
    P.S. I prefer the full version to the classic. The breaks from the jet packs and heli-hats are a nessasary part of gettig a good score

15. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Don't try to skip platforms when you're jumping. Play it safe and go for the ones directly above you. Slow and steady wins the race.

There will be a buzzing sound when a monster is nearby. When you hear this, keep on randomly shoot above you until the buzzing sound is gone.

16. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    Make your doodle jump

17. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    LOLOLOLOL. That just made my day.

18. Zolty

Zolty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Wow I never knew that. Thanks, I'll try it

19. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    I have 200,000 ish, but just wondering, how does the person on top one of leader boards have 2,000,000!?

20. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Are you talking about that Dave Winterbottom guy or something?