iScreamer Submitted - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WellSpentYouth, Mar 23, 2009.

1. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Hello! I am Robert Stewart from App Tech Studios and I am proud to announce our first app released to the app store. It is a funny sound application that brings you 24 different screams in 3 different categories. The price will be $.99 or free. It was just submitted, so it will be out in a week or so. I will be gone on vacation starting in a few hours (going to Arizona), so I might miss the release. I will be handing out codes (if it is $.99) on my birthday. My birthday is June 3rd, but I'll tell you the contest ahead of time. You will have to guess my age :eek:

SIDE NOTE: I did post an earlier thread on this apps release, but we had some technical issues and the app didn't go through. I guess the screams were to violent for apple :p

EDIT: If anyone knows how to put a link in a few words so when iScreamer comes out I can put it in my sig, that would be appreciated!

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Busy huh? ;)

Pre-bday wishes, vacation fun, and congrats on the app.

3. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    No, I'm not busy, it's only 1 am here and I have only been working on my app since noon (besides baseball practice) and I'm leaving at 4 for the airport. LOL, once I get to my Grandpa's house, it will be golf, swimming, and more golf. I have got to go, I have a school assignment :mad: Dang teachers, it's spring break! :D

4. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Great!

I'm looking forward to the release - anything to support the TA dev community!

5. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    #5 WellSpentYouth, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
    Hey Bullet, do you want a screenshot so you can make a webpage? If you already made one, can you link me please? Thank you!

EDIT: Is it the question/TBA on the website? LOL

6. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    :p Yeah I would say so. I actually don't have one besides my rendition, unless you have something better.

Sorry guys, you must have no clue what were talking about.

7. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    EVERYONE: We are talking about a top secret application that will explode the world. (really?)

JAMES: I sent you some screenshots, they are the beginnings of the game. You can wait till it is closer to being finished. Do whatever :D

8. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Awesome!

I remember when you first started months back and were just looking at videos on the internet, it's amazing that you're already dishing one out with little to no experience. It's a huge eye opener and I for one will be getting this(even though I hate sound apps) ony because I would want to support you as a dev. Can't wait to see your finished product.

9. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Thanks for the encouragement! You don't have to get it if :p This was my first project, but I have spent extra time making it better, so I thought I would post it. An addicting game (not sound app) is also in development. More details are going to released over time, but for now, all you know is that it involves tapping and hand eye coordination. (not one of those test your reflex games, something original) Thank you!

10. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    @WellSpent

What book did you get to learn obj c? I dont really like the one i have now. Also for the link, type what you want the link to say, then highlight it, then click the link button and paste the link. Congrats on your first app, even if it is only a sound app. Good luck with the actual game!

11. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Thank you! I bought one book, but it was bad. Really bad. I got most of my info from YouTube/schenkstudios.com/downloads.HTML I learned all my stuff off the Internet! That would be your best bet. Good luck!

12. I'm with WSY here. I have spent £50 on two books, and have learned VERY little from them. "Beginning iPhone Development" by Dave Mark and Jeff LaMarche, and "Programming in Objective C 2.0" by Stephen Kochan. I'm not saying they're not worth getting- they probably will be a worthwhile buy in the end. But considering my first game is almost complete (bar a lot of 2D drawing to do, but that's it) I have done just fine, and I have only read up to Chapter 4 of the first one, and little snippets here and there of the second. Like WSY, I have learned so much from Andrew Schenk (Schenk Studios) and his video tutorials, as well as help from the developer section of this forum. The one thing I have learned is that you are pretty limited unless you start learning something like OpenGL, as I have had to overcome quite a few memory issues before my game became stable.
    As for this particular app, it's not the kind I'm interested in, but I wish you good luck with it, WSY :)

13. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I have the book in bold :(

Thanks, it was my first one and I thought that while I made my other ones, why not get my feat wet and go through apple and see how it is, so it will be easier when I do for a bigger game. I set up my tax and banking stuff, all the provisioning files, so I feel better about my other games. Do you know what I mean? I just wanted to set up all the accounts and stuff and make sure everything worked. I thought iScreamer! was a funny app, so I thought (I know it is simple and you probably don't like it :p ) may as well. Thanks guys!

14. Yeah, just went through all the tax stuff myself today, which was a pain to do as I am not in the US and had to figure out how to fill it all in. Hopefully got it sorted though. When you submitted your app, did you get the option to give yourself a company name to put above your app (seperate to the seller name)?

Can you post a piccy of your app so we can see what it looks like at least?

15. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    #15 WellSpentYouth, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
    Yes, the tax stuff was difficult, but I got it done. Here is screenshot. The app is simple and to the point. I hope you like it!

EDIT: This is the main menu

Attached Files:

16. Looks like you have some decent options in there buddy. Not just a one button app. Nice to see you put some effort into it such as adding a volume slider, save function etc. Good job.

Could you please answer my question regarding the company name? Did you use one?

17. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I am sorry, I missed that question. As far as I know, when I made the description and stuff like that, it had an option at the beginning for language and company name (I think that is correct), but these options never come up again, make sure you do the correct one! Somewhere in the forms there is an option for that. Good luck!

Robert
    CEO, App Tech Studios

18. Thanks. Again, good luck to you too.

19. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Gratz WellSpentYouth!

I hope it goes well on the app store.

20. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Thank you!