E3 indie event - games needed

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by supattack CI, May 24, 2013.

1. supattack CI

supattack CI New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Managing Director
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey all,

If you are an indie game dev travelling to E3 we would love to talk to you.

We're an Australian-based games marketing agency working primarily with indie game devs. Some recent games we've worked on include Time Surfer, Hackycat, Stunt Star, Toybox and Blastpoints.

We're hosting a pre-party indie games showcase event on the Tuesday night of E3. We have an awesome room at the Standard Downtown Hotel organised and 5 games from Australia already confirmed.

We'd love to have more games there from around the world as there is plenty of room. Cost to be involved is just a contribution of $250 to the bar and food tab. We're not making any money out of this and it's not a sales pitch - we pretty much exclusively work with Aussie devs.

Please send me a message if you are interested.

Cheers,

Chris

2. supattack CI

supattack CI New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Managing Director
    Melbourne, Australia
    I had a request for more info so figured I'd post it here:

Who are you guys?
    We're an Australian company working primarily with indie game developers. I used to run marketing for THQ publishing in Asia Pacific and then moved to work in their Australian studios until they were closed in 2011. I set up the company to work with developers and effectively go indie myself, just as a marketer. We're now eight people and have worked with more than 30 studios.

Some recent games we worked on that you might have heard of include Time Surfer and Hackycat.

Check us out at http://surpriseattack.com.au

What other games are showing?
    Confirmed games at the moment include Blastpoints (iOS and Android), Wolfdozer (iOS), Dungeon Dashers (PC) and Black Annex (PC).

What media outlets will be there?
    Invites are just going out now but we have around 8 Australian outlets already and a number of other sites confirmed. We also have a number of industry reps already confirmed. Participating devs will get access to a shared google doc of the invites and be able to invite people themselves of course.

How much room does each indie get?
    The room we've booked is normally a ping pong bar so we're using the ping pong tables to show the games on. Each dev would get at least a quarter of a table, more if you want it. We have plenty of room basically.

What do you guys provide anything else at the space?
    Nope, it's going to be pretty low key and casual. Bring whatever branding you want within reason.

Do I pay ahead or when I get there?
    We're having to pay the minimum amount needed to secure the room upfront so ideally we'd prefer to be paid before but we can take payment on the day. We're set up for paypal so that's how well handle that side of things.

3. supattack CI

supattack CI New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Managing Director
    Melbourne, Australia