Does the new iPhone 7 not having a headphone jack bother you?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ackmondual, Sep 12, 2016.

1. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    I've been hearing various responses to this. However, I'd be interested to hear thoughts from a gaming community. Also, it gets stereo speakers FWIW.

2. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #2 JasonLL, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    I live in a old building with little noise barrier between me and my upstairs neighbors and it's very creaky on top of that so the removal of the headphone jack does annoy me a bit and I've always read that wireless headphones are inferior to their wired counterpart. Apple will have the adapter which does soften the blow. At the end of the day If they decide from here on out to remove the jacks in all their devices I will still continue to purchase Apple products as long as they make the adapters readily available at least for the next five years until people are comfortable with a wireless listening future.

3. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    The only headphones I ever use are the EarPods that come with the phone or a cheap Bluetooth pair I picked up recently so it won't bother me at all.

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    My phone right now is a Nexus 6, so the two stereo speakers is old news to me! I already have that!
    As far as no headphone jack is concerned, that's gonna be the way of the future. Bluetooth, that is, for now. I have a nice pair of Bluetooth earbuds, and I hardly ever use 'em, so I can basically care less...... If you have to have 'em, it's just gonna be another thing you have to charge all the time, which basically sucks! Got enough toys that need to be charged! #

5. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Until there is a higher bandwidth Bluetooth or alternate, will never buy any device without a free audio jack from Apple, period. If that means I switch to Android in a few years, so be it. I didn't spend so much money on headphones these past 12 years so I can listen through a dongle or downgrade to wireless. I would have been willing to compromise if Apple had chosen to go with a USB-C port since that is where the market is headed for audio output, but I'll be damned if I'll ever sign on for proprietary headphones.