iPhone Goodfolks - a proper countrylife sim

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hammerware, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Hammerware

Hammerware Member

Nov 20, 2012
    game development
    Brno, Czech Republic
    #1 Hammerware, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    We would like to announce that our take on farming sim genre - Goodfolks is ready for release and will appear in AppStore on Wednesday December 5th as a FREE download. But don't worry, it's not usual FarmVille-like approach to F2P.

Goodfolks are simple but realistic-looking simulation of countrylife. You can only cook what you harvested, milked or fished. It's a 3D side-scrolling resource management game where you control characters to work the land and livestock.

Unlike other social farming games. Everything happens in a game time during daylight, so it's not a waiting game with mechanics bound to your real life.

Languages prepared for day one: english, german, french, spanish, czech (as Dobří hospodáři)

Little more on website.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. puzzledra

puzzledra Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    this is just like farmville right?

3. Hammerware

Hammerware Member

Nov 20, 2012
    game development
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Don't like to hear that. It's more like a boardgame in real-time and 3D.

4. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Looks more like a cross between Harvest Moon and The Sims to me.

5. puzzledra

puzzledra Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    yeah like harvest moon and sims

6. Hammerware

Hammerware Member

Nov 20, 2012
    game development
    Brno, Czech Republic
    The worldwide launch date is Wednesday December 5th. We are launching as a free app. Come get it!

7. twick

twick Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    This looks pretty neat. I'll be trying it. Is there a feature list? The video is nice but I don't really understand from it how its played besides the normal farmville style planting of crops.

I really enjoy the graphics.

It looks like you tell the Folks to plant specific crops, after that do they automate planting, eating, sleeping, etc? (Think "The Sims")

Also, why do they eat with a plate in the field? I can understand if its just some bread or something but that looks kind of silly to me. Maybe have them eat in a house or at a table or something. Just a thought. :)

8. Hammerware

Hammerware Member

Nov 20, 2012
    game development
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Sorry for the lack of information...

It's a time-management + resource-management game. Characters aren't autonomous, it's rather like RTS. There is no time urgency in FarmVille, but in Goodfolks you need to feed animals otherwise they die. So you have to expand at the right pace.

9. Bicgatepc02

Bicgatepc02 New Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Here's where I come until the new line to suggest the Bar Oasis series, like I am known to do..Oh and Jazz: Trump's Trip is fairly nice as well. I am experiencing that quite a bit.