TA appinfo Subforum Issue

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by slammajamma28, May 20, 2013.

1. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    Hey TA dudes,

Earlier today, member mr_bez, brought up an issue that I never noticed before. When you browse the TA forums on iOS, the appinfo tag will normally bring up the app info above the thread so you can see the icon, app name, developer, genre, price, watchlist, etc.

However, the "Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals" subforum does not seem to have this feature enabled. If you open a thread in there via the TA app, the game info will not appear in the top side of the screen.

Perhaps it is something as simple as enabling an option, but having this feature in the "Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals" would be beneficial and convenient for all.

Thank you for your time.
    Rock on!

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm guessing it's so that when you click the game icon elsewhere n the TA app it'll take you to the correct thread.

Small issue, but the way it pops up can be frustrating, sometimes I'm trying to click the "last page" button on a thread, when the info appears and I accidentally hit the App Store link and get whisked out of TouchArcade. If you could just move the button slightly so that it doesn't appear in the same place it'd solve the issue.

3. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    Ahh, that makes sense. Never thought of it that way.