Gameloft Flash Sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Curleh Mustache, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    The following games are on sale for 99c:
    Asphalt 5
    Iron Man 2
    Brothers in Arms 2,
    Real Golf 2011
    Hero of Sparta 2

2. Nizen

Nizen Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Student
    I'm thinking about Asphalt 5....
    Really never liked the other four D: Though Brothers in Arms 2 is worth the money if you like FPSs, from reading some reviews of it.

3. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    already have asphalt
    Any other must buys?How is hero of sparta 2?

4. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    For 99, if you're a fan of god of war, it's worth it.

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    BIA2 is the best on the list.

6. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Seriously? The MP is terrible. Lags way too much and spawning and some other mechanics are downright retarded.

None of these games are must-buys, really. Iron Man 2 is a decent purchase though. Otherwise, all the other 4 games have far superior competitors in the App Store.

7. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Suggestions for Hero of Sparta alternative?

8. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Yes, seriously. And I was talking about the CAMPAIGN, not multiplayer. imo, one the absolute best campaigns I've ever played on the idevice.

9. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Btw, the hd versions look to be 99 too.

10. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #10 WCFields, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
    The multiplayer on brothers in arms 2 is very good. Agree with the comment about the spawning, it's a good game regardless for the price

11. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, BIA2 was one of the first FPS's I played on the iOS and I still think it was one of the finest. I liked it, anyhow.

12. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I just bought it yesterday, and after putting a few hours in the NOVA 2 and MC2 multi, there is no reason to even look at it if you have any of the recent Gameloft FPS multis. Obviously not a fair comparison, and I am sure it was good for the time, but I played 20 minutes of the multi, and doubt I will ever revisit. I am liking the campaign a lot so far on Crex's recommendation.

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Honestly, I thought the campaign was terrible as well..aka, the whole package sucked. After playing the first Nova and MC, this felt like a huge step backwards. Everyone was expecting a great follow-up to BiA, which was incredible for its time period in late 2008. Instead, we got a game filled with the worst shooting mechanics I've ever seen for an iOS FPS, horrible graphics, and a multiplayer that didn't even compare to Nova's at the time. Actually, I think MC's multiplayer was better as well. Wasn't a big fan of it though compared to Nova. In conclusion, the game's just a chore to play, be it single player or multiplayer.

Anyways, I don't think any of these games are worth buying. They've come out with better stuff already. No point in going backwards.

14. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    It's not worth it unless you like FPS's a lot for sure, but I more so like the change in environments and themes. Besides, I should add I am a level in, so I have no notion of the full gameplay yet.

15. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Make sure to make the right choice in the end. ;)
    no spoilers.

16. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    ...You do realize I was critical about the game, and the poor spawning mechanics was one of the reason why? :p

Agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed. I guess there are people that like the campaign in this game, but I'm with backtothis on this one (again). The campaign wasn't anything outstanding. I mean, I don't think it was TERRIBLE as backtothis said, but there was nothing special about it at all. However, backtothis is dead on with everything else he says in my opinion. Not just the shooting mechanics, but a lot else, is an absolute wreck in this game. The graphics are indeed pretty bad, and this isn't just because the newer games have more advanced graphics. They simply were never good. And like I mentioned earlier, MP is just...a pathetic attempt.

None of these games are really worth getting, as I mentioned earlier, since there are better competitors in the market for all of these games. Iron Man 2 is the best buy of these games, but do yourself a favor and get some better quality releases Gameloft has had recently- and if you're on this .99 budget, I promise you that the Gameloft game you want will go on sale eventually. (And it's not one of those really really really long eventually's.) :D

17. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I didn't actually mean to say the campaign was terrible, as in how it played out with the storyline and level designs. I just meant it wasn't fun to play due to all the problems that the itself has. The story here in it is actually one of Gameloft's better ones (sadly), but it just plays so poorly as a FPS. I like the premise though, WW2. It's more interesting than the usual terrorist killing. In any case, besides their racing games and the Dungeon Hunter series (which have multiplayer actually; I just haven't tried them out, lol), I'm not a fan of Gameloft's games besides ones with effective multiplayer. BiA2 sure as hell doesn't have that.