Best online game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Forerunnerz, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    There are some great games on the iPhone/iPod Touch but out of all those games, which game offers the best online experience. There are games like iFPS online(fun gameplay but too laggy) and others like Bomber Online.

Right now I just downloaded DinoSmash and am about to see it's online gameplay hoping it won't lag on me.

Please post your comments. I love games that have online multiplayer and I want one with good replayability and nice performance.

2. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Galcon has been my all time favorite online. Simple, fast paced, easy to pick up and play.

Second to that? Uniwar

3. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    He meant games that are completely online with no offline play.

If you like RPGs, I recommend CozyQuest.

4. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Nah, I mean games with any type of online game mode. I don't really care if the whole game isn't online. Btw can you describe CozyQuest?

5. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    CozyQuest is a web-based RPG for the iPhone/iPod touch. Although it's still in it's early stages, it's gained quite a following from some people. The dev updates the game with new content every few days (serverside, so no need to update app).
    It's kinda grind-heavy, so keep that in mind.

6. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Well, if you have an iPhone (ONLY an iPhone), you can get SevenSwords Prologue. Basically, its a portable version of WoW but less to do. And....its free :)

But dammit I dont have an iPhone :(

7. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Iron Sight is awesome when there are actually people online. No lag, chat, rockets, what more could you want?

8. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    1 - iFPS - it proves online fps action is a viable iphone gaming genre...i absolutely love it, specially with improved controls on 1.1. When playing via wifi, there´s not much lag...is really really fun.

2 - Uniwar - the way it alows us to maintain several matches going, the email notifications, etc...besides the fact the game is actually very good by itself. Perfect.

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    +1

All the polarbit games with online multiplayer are good. The only problem is that there never seem to be very many people on the servers :(

10. kqjrjkrawr

kqjrjkrawr Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Student
    New York City
    I really like Dinosmash, its very fun and simple.

11. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

DinoSmash or iFPS

12. Crushnater

Crushnater New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Favorite Online Games

My favorite all time online games are:
    1. Baseball Slugger
    2. Epic Pet Wars

There's a lot of hype about DinoSmash but the lag is way too much for me to bear.

iFPS wouldn't be so bad either if the lag wasn't so random.

Baseball Slugger has definitely got it down with upgrading your character and going into match-up mode with other players. I love the fact that it's also got the picture-in-picture window which allows u to see the other players progress. Most of all: NO LAG! I played with my friend right next to me and I saw that the his swings were exactly what I saw on my screen.

Epic Pet Wars Online def got it right with the online community building. However, it doesn't have interactive game play and 3D graphics that Baseball Slugger has.

13. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Wow thanks for sharing Seven Sword. I didn't know there was a MMORPG out there and it's free? Gonna try it out!

14. dudez0r

dudez0r Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    Epic pet wars , Free but the battle-items are disabled until the new update comes out

15. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

#15 Lombardo, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
    Bomber Online
    Dinosmash
    F.A.S.T

and soon enough LiveFire (killtest or whatever) and the X2 Football 2009 update

16. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Uniwar is a turn-based strategy game with great multiplayer, IMHO.

17. Fistfulofdlrz

Fistfulofdlrz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Reign of Swords and Reign of Swords: Episode II are my favs

18. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Star Hogs- it has offline play, but the online play is where the fun begins!

19. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    anybody know how nanomechs is? Im thinking about getting it when the update for older versions comes out

Currently playing: Duke 3D, Minigore, Cartoon Wars, Spybot
    Currently Wanting: Minigore multiplayer, Livefire, Doom Classic, MC:Sandstorm, Duke 3D multiplayer(we can only hope)
    Currently Testing: Underworlds 1.2 (re-download people, this is one awesome update!)

20. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Guys and gals,

don't forget to check out my bible of multiplayer games at http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=21760

It's still a work-in-progress but already has a great deal of nice info and, what is more,

- thorough (!) iPhone 3G S compliance reports
    - with lounge-based (online) games, the number of opponents you can realistically hope for
    - comparisons between titles of the same genre (e.g., bomberman etc.) - you'll hardly find anything similar in anyone else's comparable multiplayer game roundup

etc.

Don't forget that

1. it's the chart ( http://winmobiletech.com/sekalaiset/iPhoneMPchart.html ) that has most the game-specific info, NOT the main article. Use Ctrl-F to quickly find your favorite game genre or title if you find the deal of information overwhelming (which it is, as I've included more than 100 games in the chart).

2. it's a work-in-progress and I'm still adding titles, both old and new. Nevertheless, if you think a very important title is missing, let me know and I'll devote some extra time and effort to evaluate it, compare it to the alternatives (e.g., quantitive measures like the number of online players; iPhone 3G / 3G S compliance etc.) include it in the chart as soon as possible.