My one gripe with apple products

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by thumbs07, Apr 24, 2013.

1. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    There maybe an answer to this that I'm unaware of.
    But my gripe is how it puts all your apps on the screen, whether it's there, or in many folders.

I have a lot of apps. And it's annoying clutter when you have so many. I mean sure I can take some flack for that- that I shouldn't have so many. But sometimes its just useful it's there, without having to go to the PC to take it off, put it back on.

What I think a better system is this:
    1) Having alternate modes. So you can switch the ipod/iphone to a social-mode, a music mode, a gaming mode. And it will only show those appropiate apps.
    2)Basically making apps invisible. No folder nothing, and then simply some file in the settings where you can set an app to be visible, or invisible.

But if there are existing solutions..?

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Dont get what you mean.

I have 600 apps installed on my ipod, all in folders, all quite neat and works well.

I cant believe when people dont bother using folders and have about 7 pages of just apps, folders people, folders !!

For apps i dont play that frequently (or want to play every now and then) i just keep them on the final page in folders. Or simply dont install them

3. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Apr 24, 2013
    I like the idea behind the "app mode". This would also help if you have kids and you want to only show certain apps and of course no allow an app store connection.