"general I/O error"

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Stroffolino, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    #1 Stroffolino, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
    Has anyone seen this? I'm getting it with both a new app and an update attempted to submit this morning.

The full error is "There was a general I/O error while processing your Application assets. Please contact iTunes Connect Support at [email protected]." I sent them an email, but it could be days before they get back. If there's a known workaround/cause, I'd love to know.

Oddly, with the new app, I'm getting this error when attempting to upload the required primary screenshot. I was able to upload new app itself without errors.

With the attempted update to an unrelated app, I get this error immediately after clicking the "update application" button, before even being prompted for the new assets.

2. Hmmm...something in my memory banks recalls someone having this issue before because they were uploading a TIFF image for a screenshot.

If it's not TIFF that you are uploading, it could still be a file format problem. Maybe try saving it out in a different format or pasting it into a different graphics program to save it out.

3. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    try saving as PNG within the preview application - it'll give you the most reliable format for itunesconnect. i haven't run into any issues using photoshop; but it could be; as MindJuice mentions - a file format issue.

4. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    It looks like it was caused by using a png file captured from the device (using the iphone sdk). There was nothing unusual with the PNG file per say, but the unmodified file name (full of periods and spaces) appears to have caused itunes connect fits. What's really obnoxious is that there was no way to correct this, and it affected other (unrelated) apps as well. The good news is that Apple repaired whatever was broken within 24 hours - all is well. Thanks for the feedback.