Beta testing distribution?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by vetie, Mar 15, 2009.

1. vetie

vetie Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    I tried to google this but can't seem to narrow it down to what I am looking for.

I have been looking through the iPhone sdk and related documentation and was wondering about how to distribute an app to people for beta testing.

After you sign up for the $99.00 developer program (and after a setup process with an physical iPhone) you may deploy the newly created app to a physical device using the sdk and begin testing the program.

Can this deployment be done on ANY iPhone after paying the $99 (such as for beta testing) or only the iPhone that was used in the setup process?

Just trying to get all of question answered before diving in. Thanks for any information.

2. You can deploy beta versions of the app to up to 100 iDevices. All you need is a device ID which can easily be obtained via iTunes. You can register devices for beta testing at any time.

You will find a more detailed explanation of this process online as soon as you are registered as an iPhone developer.

3. vetie

vetie Active Member

Mar 15, 2009

That answers my question. Thanks so much

4. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Try out ibetatest.com I use it and think it is really easy and a simple way to manage betas, as apposed to just sending copies to people who beg.