Game featured by Apple

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by GoosTrix, Jan 12, 2010.

1. GoosTrix

GoosTrix Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    My game GYROTATE has just been featured by Apple under 'Hot New Games' in the UK app store.

Does that also mean it's featured in all app stores around the world? Or is getting featured specific to each country?

I'm asking because this is my first app and I have no real experience about how this works.

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

You can set iTunes to any given country and see for yourself. :)

--Eric

3. The Hot New Games category is not in iTunes, it's only visible on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

I don't know if it is possible to change which store your iDevice shows. I can't see any way to switch it.

4. I can confirm that Gyrotate shows up on my iPhone in the Canadian App Store. Chances are pretty good that it is featured in the US App Store too.

5. DevL

DevL Active Member

Hot New Games does appear in iTunes, but usually the link is off the very front page (i.e. not the apps section). The same banner seen on the device is used in iTunes, but it doesn't have a permanent position (it was on the front page last week but with this weeks cycle it has gone).

To get your device to switch to a different store simply have it plugged in when you switch country in iTunes. It will remain in this store until you either log out of your account on the device or change the country again in iTunes.

6. GoosTrix

GoosTrix Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Thanks for all replies. I got someone in the US to check for me, and it's also featured there. So I'm assuming getting featured under 'Hot New Games' is a worldwide thing :D

7. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    It's featured in the Australian Appstore.