Backing up saves on PC

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DannyTheElite, Aug 18, 2013.

1. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I've decided to back up all my saves on my PC.
    Can anyone tell me which program I need with a link, and a tutorial on how to use it.
    Thank you :)

2. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    get ifunbox/diskaid/iexplorer or any other iphone file explorer and get into apps, there's always a shortcut, otherwise you can still go to var/applications (i think it was like that) and find the app you are trying to back up. If you cant see the folders name you can either search for appname.app folder or change your fileexplorer settings so that you can see the apps name instead of pure gibberish

from here, there are two ways, you can either back up the whole app, or look for the savegame which is different in every game (or atleast in most of them).

that is, if you are not jailbroken.

if you were/are jailbroken you could also look for tweaks/cydia app(s) that did the work for you

3. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Only problem is that if you aren't jailbroken you won't be able to do anything with those saves because updates to iOS have prevented programs like iExplorer from modifying files on the device, even though you are able to copy files off of it.