Is Air Penguin similar to...?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by rgunaratnar1, Apr 16, 2011.

1. rgunaratnar1

rgunaratnar1 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Is Air penguin similar in gameplay to dark nebula; if i have both dark nebula episode 1 and 2 would it be worth getting air penguin?

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    A little bit, I guess.

I think its big claim to fame is how it mixes things up a bit.

Initially the game has you hopping from ice pedestal to ice pedestal (a bit like a top down Doodle Jump), but then it turns into a tilt slider as the penguin is sliding on his belly on a big solid stretch of ice dodging walruses and pot holes, and then, at the end of the slide, you're penguin is flung into the air and the player needs to land him one one of those ice pedestals to start another round of the the first phase of the game.

There is a story mode that has you going through ever increasingly difficult set levels of the above action with fishies to snag as you race through as quickly as possible or you can play the Survival mode where you see how far you can reach.

As play progresses there are more and more nasty hazards to be avoided.

The game uses the fishies gathered in levels as a means to buy extra lives in the story mode (or purchase fishies via IAPs) although I assume they have no relevance in the Survival mode.