Has your view changed on Ngmoco in a negative way? (Poll Q)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by julzsantana15, Aug 21, 2009.

?

Does the wait for FPS and touchpets change your view on Ngmoco in a negative way?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. No

72 vote(s)
    63.2%
  3. A little.. And when are they releasing those games?!?!

29 vote(s)
    25.4%
  1. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    #1 julzsantana15, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
    As you know by now, all of us iDevice gamers have been waiting on Ngmoco to release Livefire/killtest/whatever u call it and Touchpets for the iDevices for SEVERAL months now!!

Does the extremely long wait for livefire and touchpets make you change your view on Ngmoco in a negative way?

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Lol, not at all.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Seriously?

Seriously?

4. Rozzie

Rozzie Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    lol... i love ngmoco:)

rozzie

5. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Come on, Hodapp!

Why are they making all of the gamers wait for these games? Why shouldn't they just release them now in the current form. The AppStore is meant to have buggy and unfinished games to be submitted and possibly be fixed in future updates. It's pretty selfish of them to keep the game to themselves in order to "ensure that the game is properly tested and optimized for the best playing experience possible for the gamers." Jeez. /sarcasm :rolleyes:

6. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I love ngmoco, and I don't mind waiting. There are hundreds of great apps out all over the store so you can definitely find something you want while you wait. Personally, I don't wait for any games. I rarely check the upcoming games section. I look to see what's there now, and it doesn't usually disappoint ;)

7. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    No way.... They have released FULL games, always, their updates make it much much bettr

Thts a good idea.... btw, how do I hold my racing carvings till A:5 is out though ? Just saw a few new pix :eek:

8. ENERTRON

ENERTRON Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    no that's kinda dumb.

they're under no obligation to entertain you; it's something they choose to do coz they want to

9. coolestk!d

coolestk!d Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    School...
    Around
    No that's the dumbest reason to not like a company, I'm getting sick of the whole "release an incomplete game then wait for 5 updates" just for a game to become worth buying.

10. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    No, bit at the moment, I like Gameloft more.

(please don't flame me for this, ngmoco:) is a great company, but Gameloft is better at the moment.)

11. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Seriously?

12. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I've never cared for ngmoco, they only pump out a good game how often? Not very. Not gonna lie, Gameloft is probably the best out there right now, even better than EA. They always seem to be putting out good quality games, although they aren't very "in touch" with the community and their updates hardly ever bring new content, they are still the best out there.

13. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #13 Alichan76, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
    I hear you. I guess "the app store is in its infancy still" and all that, but trotting out that line now is starting to grate. Thank you ngmoco for proving that games can be released complete, with no bugs and stupid "spilling mestakes". Blizzard for the iPhone? Come to think of it I do hope Blizzard are toiling away and cooking up something. Surely if they are they will adopt the same meticulous attention to detail as ngmoco, and come out with a real corker!

14. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    "SEVERAL months?" "Extremely long wait??"
    How old are you? :confused:
    What a ridiculous thread!
    LMAO!

15. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    How about playing NFSU or RR? They both look better than the A5 shots to me...but then again, the unknown is always better for some.

16. Johno

Johno Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Ridiculous thread. Why in the world would you think negatively towards a company for excelling over others? They're making a good game. Good games make lots of time to make. I'm going to take a guess that the three people who voted yes are 13 or so and can't wait patiently for any game.

17. josh.hofer

josh.hofer Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    ngmoco ftw!

I do want that FPS pretty badly... and I wish they would hurry up and put Rolando 2 on sale ;)

18. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Don't play racing games. Just play another genre you like. If you really have to, play Real Racing or NFS or F&F. You see, there are loads of great games out already. Don't let older games you have sink! Humans and they're insatiable greed for new things...

I can't believe how many people have jumped on the Gameloft bandwagon. They've released many decent titles, but in my opinion, ngmoco are really the model devs for the iPhone. They come out with good updates, make innovative games, and have a killer Plus+ network. Gameloft rarely update, they drop their prices too fast which makes a lot of early birds curse when the price goes to something unreasonably low. Hero of Sparta would have been perfectly fine at $5.99...

I also can't believe how many people are impatient. Rolando 2 had a bit of delay, and I see people going on about it long after the game's been released?! This is just ridiculous. The devs don't really have an obligation to send out everything they make. I trust devs will release in their own time when they feel the game is ready. Remember, they're trying to make a living, so why on earth would they not want to release a game as soon as possible?

They're all out to get us gamers aren't they. They would nothing better than to eat up all our time and laugh at us as we wait impatiently on forums for the next game?

19. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Ngmoco makes quality games, just like firemint, and most of EA/gameloft games. Just give them time and they'll be releasing rolando 3 with livefire!

20. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    They never announced a release date. So don't expect one. Unlike most other developers (i.e. Gameloft), they polish their games.