New TouchArcade fans game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by conrem, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conrem

conrem Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    developer + student at medicine
    Moldova
    #1 conrem, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  2. I would like to see a roleplaying game a bit like like Inotia or Zenonia but perhaps more like Ravensword but with new story and better graphics?

Oh, and non-linear.

I've always wanted to be a game designer myself.

3. conrem

conrem Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Moldova
    maybe you can try to make something by yourself =) why not?maybe some sketches ))

4. I don't have much time for programming at the moment and cannot pay fees for those app making things. I tried some game designer for the pc but we never got that far on it (Required too much precision and very clumsy to make new sprites)

I'm ok at Art I guess. I know my way around a computer but I prefer to leave the "creation" to others while inputting things myself (E.g: If I say "Can you make this sword cool?" I'd like someone to generate that sword in game kind of thing.)

Anyway, I could give you some ideas (that are hopefully non-generic to an RPG) that can start the game off?

p.s I write stories in my spare time so I know what's generic and what's not, lol.

5. conrem

conrem Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Moldova
    Well, I'm thinking about making something like morezombies? or something like this .. or maybe something else.. i'm not really interested in making $3,4,5 games.
    Maybe something not very complicated but with some funny ideas =)

what kind kind of stories do you write?)

6. I write action and adventure stories, a little like an RPG without swords guns leveling up etc.
    I feel there's too many zombie games on the appstore really. Many of them feature some human firing guns at zombies and some others are tower defense like plants vs zombies.

Simple RPG's are possible. I know of 59p good RPg's (excluding Inotia 1 lol) but the main things are that the gameplay is fun and the story is gripping, those 2 things will have you continue to play the game (Graphics is not a problem to some as in the case of Zenonia)

About £1.79 in my GBP terms would get you quite a bit of return (perhaps start at 59p then increase up every few sales?) and allow you to make regular updates in the form of mini-quests and perhaps even have an option for players to buy better weapons in-game (Or just better looking ones)

7. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    How about a mix of strategy and shooter, where you have to build an army or base and attack/defend in different missions, but once you've built the army and/or base you control one character in 3rd person or 1st person.

Personally I think this would be awesome and It would be an instant buy

8. conrem

conrem Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Moldova
    well, it should not be a simple zombie game .. maybe another type of design .. something more interesting? maybe something medieval?) something related to the lord of the rings =)

9. conrem

conrem Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Moldova
    are there any flash games in this style? ;)

10. Hmm.
    So you're thinking of a resource management game for the first half of the "mission" and then the second half would have you watch the battle/fight in it?

Personally, If I was going to do something like this, I would make the first half 2D and then have the second half Psuedo 3D (See Sword of Fargoal for what I mean)

And purchaseable things at 59p (Lowest price) Could be larger maps than you get in regular updates and certain skins for characters such as face paint and different scenery or maps like snow and jungle?

The lite could show first 5 levels in "world 1" or similar. This game sounds like it could be different enough from Wesnoth and others to be accepted.

All we need though is a story. Why are the characters fighting and such? Let's stray away from Mediaevil, that's a bit generic.

Edit: Con, I cannot think of any flash games in this style apart from Runescape but that has no resource management for first half or anything like that. So no.

11. conrem

conrem Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Moldova
    I'm thinking about a game ... where you will be able to run .. for example 4800px stage. You will have a shop and different types of characters and enemies.

12. Canabalt? Chop Chop Runner? More Zombies? That other zombie game that I forgot name of?

I vaguely remember a flash game on some site with blue background that was similar to this. You bought better weapons to try to make your way through hordes of zombies.

13. Aussie2

Mar 24, 2010
    I don't think so, it's a pretty simple idea, all you're doing is taking 2 core gaming types and putting them together into one

14. conrem

conrem Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Moldova
    tell me more about this =)

15. I guess what he means is what I said.
    Wesnoth and Ravensword in one essentially.

16. Aussie2

Mar 24, 2010
    Yeah, DLC's would be pretty easy, you could purchase different stories? Like roman, Spartan or even modern? The actual fighting would be 3D hopefully and if there is more than one important character then you could switch between them. Also I thought that the character/s could still control their army but with limited powers like ordering a charge or a retreat, and ordering archers to attack or a unit to flank the enemy

17. conrem

conrem Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Moldova
    nope, look .. i would like to make maybe something like "morezombies" game .. but with a very long background and with a lot of enemies .. where you should go from point A to point B.
    something related to castle crashers maybe =)

18. Exactly what I am thinking.

DLC for free could include options to switch skins and paid DLC could include larger things like more maps. (like 59p for a new "world")

What would be really cool if this was set in the future and you had to battle through time in order to avoid the fate of your people in the future! (Thus also gives reason for people to be fighting and why time changes)

19. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    #19 RonBurgundy, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
    just a couple of ideas

Yeah there are way too many "kill the zombies!" Game... how about a zombie game where you play as a zombie killing humans? (Ala Stubbs the Zombie)

Or another good one would be a RTS where you can play as the Survivors or the Infected and for example like the humans resource would be like gun shops and under ground colonies. Meanwhile the infected isn't long ranged but they are way more numerous but have to kill humans for their resource (brains!) and they build their zombies from shopping malls or something like that. (Couldn't you imagine the main story for the campaign for zombies? "BRRRAAINS!")

And maybe you could add in the military as a playable race in the future.

20. Aussie2

Mar 24, 2010
    Yeah, or it could start with a couple of missions in the past where an important figure or object goes missing, then it's picked up in the future where someone finds the body/object and a war fights out over it because it's very important...or something like that