Mighty Dungeons - board game / dungeon crawler

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by undeadcow, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #1 undeadcow, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

Coming to iOS soon (developer is working on 4S optimizations).

Developer website: http://www.mighty-dungeons.com/

Google Play description:
    Android Discussion link: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2706290

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SirFobos

SirFobos Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
    Looks great. Can't wait to play it on ios. I can't believe there arnt more hero/warhammer quest like games out already for mobile devices. I know there are some good ones in development right now, hopefully this style and type of ios game gets popular, I hate having to bust out my old board games constantly.

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Looks fantastic, right up my alley!

This, Talisman, Warhammer Quest. I am going to be the luckiest gamer alive.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    WOW, looks fantastic.

5. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Well that looks amazing!

6. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Thanks for the feedback, it will be up a soon as I fix the speed issues. Then *crossing fingers* for apple's approval (and hopefully fast) ;)

7. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Indeed it reminds me of HeroQuest from Amiga, i will buy this, thanks for making it :)

8. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Hey spadjr glad you like it. Let me know your comments / feedback once you play the game

9. venasque

venasque Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Seconded. This totally reminds me of Hero Quest (the boardgame for me). I'm excited by this.

10. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Hi venasque, it is technically possible to replace the board by the HeroQuest board and put all the original HQ missions into the game (i actually started the development using HQ quests and board). The problem is that I don't have the rights to publish a game with HQ content in it ;)

11. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    This looks great! I really like the dungeon layout - definitely gives the feel of a D&D board game (anyone remember/played the game Dungeon by TSR)?

12. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Thanks for the feedback :) Stay tuned for the iOS released. Still got these slugginesh issue on iOS not too sure why ... :S

13. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks awesome.

14. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    You have my sale as soon as this releases! This looks phenomenal! I love these style of quest based board games! This reminds me of the way I used to run D&D with a vinyl sheet to draw my maps on and figures, filling in the rooms as players moved along! Good times!

15. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I purchased this yesterday on my nexus 7 and this is overall a very fun game. I like the boardgame gameplay but it really is missing the whole leveling up aspect of most RPGs. I would also like to see more weapons and armor with the use of quality like a "superior short sword" or "damaged short sword" that does slightingly more or less damage or damage protection for armor. I think this could help add more variety to the weapon and armor selection as well as a more loot driven style of gameplay like diablo. Especially if you add in legendary weapons and armor and add a way to repair weapons and armor.

I'm not trying to only focus on the bad because this is really a fun game well worth the purchase, there are just a few things that I would like to see changed and I would be totally addicted.

16. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Hi ojtitus,

Glad you like it :) For the diversity I am hoping to add more of everything (creatures, weapons, armors, quests, etc.) but it cost $ and hopefully I can sell enough of the game to support this. Technically the game engine can support this kind of variety:see the quest of enchanted bow that has the same image as a normal bow but does more damages for instance.

As for loot this is random but most of the creatures can loot stuff being gold, weapons, etc. If you play the same quest twice you will get different loots from the same monsters you killed the first time.

Definietly need more "legendary weapons and armors" but it makes the gameplay very hard to balance (why would you use another weapon when you can just slash through everything with a super Excalibur).

For the levelling up it's by design. I think nowadays a lot of people don't really finish the whole game specially for RPGs (me included), and having a levelling system with items that are only unlocked after 10 levels and stuff, I can actually see them in the store but can never purchase them. In real life you see it, you have the $ you buy it. Then you will see how you can handle the weapon yourself. I tried to stick to that "real life" philosophy. As you see the dungeons have less creatures than Diablo and the likes but the creatures are harder to defeat. Some creatures have even specs higher or de-par with the hero, which is way more realistic than killing 1000 of skeleton every round.

Again, that's how I designed it but I understand if people don't agree with it ;)

Don't hesitate to send the other stuff that you are missing to "be totally addicted", I will be delighted to see what I can do ;)

17. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I respect your vision and wouldn't want you to change that. As far as the leveling goes, I was talking about being awarded experience points from battles and the character gaining levels, not weapons tied to levels. Anyway, really enjoying the game, great job! :)

18. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Thanks!

For the levelling and XP i agree that would be nice, but if there is nothing to unlock (quests, weapons, skillset,..) it is kind of pointless isn't it? If you have suggestions I'm all hears but I haven't found something compelling so far so I haven't done it :)

19. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I think it would be nice to be able to upgrade your characters attack, defense, hp, or magic when you level up. I think it would give it more replay value, depth, and make it more addictive, at least to me. ;)

20. laylio

laylio Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Developer
    Singapore
    Makes sense, i will look into it :) Thanks!