Posting in Iphone and Ipad games already available thread

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by bebrave, Dec 26, 2015.

1. bebrave

bebrave Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Hi,
    I am a franchisee of a game, only just released. I wish to spread the word about the game. When I post in the upcoming games that is fine, it posts just the same as what you are writing, however trying to post on the games already available section, there is a thumbnail on the left hand side of the game with pricing etc. The main box is app description. When I go to post in that section and create a new thread there is nowhere to put your app link to create the thumbnail etc. Any ideas.

Thanks

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Just insert the following in the original post:

[ appinfo=all ] iTunes Link [ /appinfo ]

Remove the spaces, and you'll be all set.

3. bebrave

bebrave Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Hi,
    Thanks for your advice,I've tried and it didn't work - I put that into the post
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.
    However it came out just as text in the post, so it looks a bit daft now. Any other suggestions appreciated. Thanks

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The game is only available in the UK, which doesn't work with appinfo. I went ahead and edited the thread with the US version of the game, but for some reason is not popping up. Unfortunately, I have to head out to an event; feel free to report the post to have another moderator help you.

5. bebrave

bebrave Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Ah ok - that will be the reason, only available in these countries, think they see the USA as biggest market and want to make sure everything is working as it should before releasing there, only available in these countries.
    At the moment the game is available to download in:

UK
    Ireland
    Canada
    Spain
    Sweden
    UAE
    India
    Thailand
    Singapore
    South Africa
    Australia
    NZ
    Malaysia

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The whole appinfo system that powers TouchArcade (both the front page and the forums) is pulled from a database shared with http://appshopper.com which indexes the US App Store. If your game is soft launched or otherwise only available in other regions, none of that fancy stuff will work properly until it's available in the US long enough for the iTunes API to allow us to index it.