Space Miner Last Boss Tips

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cactusmannen, Mar 2, 2010.

1. cactusmannen

cactusmannen New Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Hi,
    I'm stuck on the last boss battle on the Hard difficulty. I've upgraded everything to the maximum level and can manage the first two parts of the battle (blast away as normal, shoot him while he's stunned) without any problems. But in the third part I always get killed when he does the multiple charges. He charges forward and stuns me and then does the same thing again and again until I'm dead.

How do I avoid this? Should I get a faster ship or can he be repelled with the Blast Wave?

Any tips on Alien tech?

Thanks!

2. abbad0n

abbad0n Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I'd say your best bet is to make sure you have the drill installed. If you hit something (or get hit) on it, you take little or no damage (haven't been able to determine which.) Make sure you're always facing the bosses ship as much as you can. As for alien tech, use the ones that are best for your flying/fighting style. And continue to have one of the large asteroids at your back when he does charge. Or better yet shoot at him in the middle of three or more of them. Just try not hit them yourself. Or you could try running away for a while while you regen your shields (change your vector often). Good luck.

3. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Move in circles around rocks. Always move in circles never in a straight line. When your shield is fully charged, charge him with a mining drill while shooting. Then resume flying in circles until shield recharges. This will take quite a while but eventually u will kill him

4. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    You can avoid the charges by dodging behind an asteroid. When he charges, he will smash into the asteroid and be "dazed." When he is "dazed" attack him like crazy! That is the main strategy for the boss.

Also, when you are on that mission keep the right balance between shields and firepower. I don't think the blast wave helps, also. Just upgrade like crazy, especially your reactor and hull!

5. paps2010

paps2010 New Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Like all of the best iPhone games, Space Miner seems simple at first - it's basically an updated take on Asteroids. You fly a little ship and blast space rocks out of the sky. Simple, right? The genius of Space Miner is that it combines this basic gameplay with role-playing game elements - after a couple levels of busting space rocks, you're granted the ability to upgrade your ship with better weapons, engines, shields and more. Asteroids drop minerals which give you cash to buy these upgrades, and as the game progresses you'll encounter more and more hazards that ups the challenge of collecting these minerals. There are more enemies, more dangerous asteroids, even boss fights that pit your mining ship against giant out-of-control robots. Fortunately, the gameplay never gets too tough - If you're ever stuck, you can always take on an earlier mission to earn more money for more powerful weapons or shields.

Completing the package is a continuous story that's actually funny, strong visuals and a great honky-tonk soundtrack that really sells the mining aspect of the game. Since I purchased the game, I haven't been able to put it down - it's fun, funny and addictive. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust is another great addition to the iPhone's growing library of excellent games.
    ==================
    Cheap SEO