Universal Game of Loot - July 30th - Do you have an interest in downloading it?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SuperUltraHyper, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Do you think you'll be interested in getting this app?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2015.
  1. Probably!

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. If I remember.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Probably Not :/

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. SuperUltraHyper

SuperUltraHyper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2015
    #1 SuperUltraHyper, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    Edit: Adding App Store Links
    iOS App Store
    Google Play

Whelp, it's finally done...enough to push it out the nest and see if it flies anyway. I've been working on in for about 2 years. Now I'm terrified / curious how the launch will go and to make matters worse Angry Birds 2 is launching the same day as me. Uh.

So to the polls! Do you think you'll download it?

The Marketing Tag:
    Game of Loot - A FREE and fresh take on the classic Dungeon Crawler meeting Puzzle Tile Gameplay! Battle through dungeons inspired by match 3 and collapse games and blended with item crafting abilities and an RPG inventory!

You Tube:

2. SuperUltraHyper

Feb 4, 2015
    ~250 views and only 1 vote...and it's a 'no'. :(

3. Unlockabear

Unlockabear Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    I've never seen people on TA do a poll, I don't think it's a good indicator of success for your app.

A couple things, have you beta tested this before? How do people feel about the gameplay? The problem with a "new" match 3 game is that there are many "new" match 3 games that claim to be revolutionary. You don't really indicate what makes yours different in the video other than something about collecting items/crafting.

Your video was good for TA readers because it shows actual gameplay, but I'd say from an advertising perspective, I'm not impressed. There isn't enough flair for me to say "WOW, this f-ing looks cool and different, let me try it out". While gameplay is important, marketing isn't all about gameplay. Look at all the successful videos of big games. Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Candy Crush, Game of War; all of them show very little or no gameplay footage at all.

I would say spend more time in your video, 30 seconds is great if you're using that video for user acquisition, but it doesnt help describe the game (or sell it to me) when I'll be browsing it on your page. Advertisers can get people to visit your game, but at that point it's up to you to sell the download (unless you buy incentivised downloads - illegal, but people do it). Videos and screenshots are VERY important.

Try editing your video to include some commentary and clarify some things:

Text :SUPER AWESOME COMBOS
    Screen goes to a crazy combo set up that makes the person go "wow I want to do that"

Text: Collect epic loot!
    Video of loot collection like you have

Text: Craft legendary items!
    Item crafting process

Text: Use enhanced items to defeat your enemies!
    Somehow show the point of crafting items (This is important because it differentiates your game from other match 3)

Overall, I think your game looks very good and is well polished. I have no idea what the game play is like (in terms of being different to other match 3s) and I've watched the video several times, so probably work on that.

Don't worry about the launch of Angry Birds 2, it probably won't affect you. Dozens of games and apps are launched everyday.

The good news is your game looks interesting enough that it might make it to the front page since Apple has moved to a more curated front page (for games).

Hope this helped and best of luck with your launch!

4. GameHopper

GameHopper Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015

don't lose hope. I don't really play Match 3 games but the art and animation look great. Open to beta and get some hands on feedback.

good luck!

5. SuperUltraHyper

Feb 4, 2015
    I hear ya... But me... I truly hate app videos that have nothing to do with gameplay...Those tell me nothing about the game. Presumably, I am watching the video to determine if I want to d/l the game...Not build brand. A Clash of Clans TV spot; I get it. But I am not Clash and this will ultimately be a 30 teaser to entice you to d/l the game in the next 10sec. From that perspective I think it works? Again, for me, if your video focuses on B.S. nonsense showing After Effect motion graphics of marketing artwork and text slogans...90% of the time I don't bother downloading the game.

However, I think I could craft a better video and incorporate some of the text recommendations to reinforce the mechanics you are seeing. It's alot to say in 30sec though. I'll give it some thought.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers

6. SuperUltraHyper

Feb 4, 2015
    Some teaser art I've been working on...

[​IMG]

7. SuperUltraHyper

Feb 4, 2015
  8. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I just downloaded your game and will give it a go and give you my thoughts on it soon.

The artwork looks fantastic by the way!

Thank you

9. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Okay,

I tried the game and played a few dungeons.

Liked how you had the view of the dungeon as they were walking down a corridor.
    The enemy sprites are cool.

The thing I kept thinking as I matched tiles was that it was kind of hectic.
    I needed to focus my attention on the bottom of the screen to match the tiles and had
    no time to look up to see what was going on at the top half of the screen.
    All the nice graphics and work made to feel like a dungeon inhabited by monsters
    and no time to take in the scene.

All in all it is a very polished game that works well for what it was meant to be.
    I could not help to think how much more engrossing it would be if you had time to think
    and match for strategy sake instead of for speed. If you had time to see the fighting on the
    top screen it would be a more immersive experience.

Thanks