New community-driven game by 3Arts Studio

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Raph3Arts, Apr 1, 2013.

?

What game genre you'd like us to create?

1. Action

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. Platformer

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Survival

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Puzzle

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Card

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. Board

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. RPG

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  1. Raph3Arts

Raph3Arts Well-Known Member

#1 Raph3Arts, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
    Hi guys!

We, at 3Arts Studio, want to start something grandiose with you! Basically, the goal is simple : you give us ideas, we make the game! You can shoot us anything you want, from simple ideas to complete concept arts and game assets. There's also a lot of things to manage and choose apart from those assets; you can also choose the game genre, the style, the features, etc.

Here's how it will work :
    -During all the game development, big and important decisions will be made by you by voting in the different polls that we will post on this thread!
    -Whenever you want, you can also send us (on this thread or via e-mail) anything you want that could help us in the development of the game! This can be concept arts, game assets, game ideas, features, suggestions, complaints, etc.!
    -We reserve the right to make the final decisions based on your ideas/suggestions. Also, this is something we are just trying out, if ever we see that it's going nowhere, we might decide to just cancel the project..
    -The game will be free to download, but we still need some sort of revenue, so it must follow some rules of freenium games. It must also be something do-able for us, since we're only a team of 3!
    -Something more casual than hardcore would be more than preferable!
    -Shortly, we will create a new website/blog in order for you to follow the development of the game and post new game ideas

So that's it, we officially launch the project! So here's the very first poll (and big BIG decision) : What game genre you'd like us to create? (You can also suggest new genres not in the poll and we might include them)

Have fun! :D

(We will update this post whenever we have a new poll for you!)

2. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Woah, this is such a cool idea! I hope a lot o people participate. I'll try and come up with some ideas. :)

3. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I've got SO many ideas

4. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    YuGiOh. That is all.

5. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    I'm voting for an innovative action shooter. Something not awful (every shooter on iPhones are terrible) and not modern. Something like a cross breed of HL2 and the original Halo. A first person shooter with exploration and witty puzzles and an engrossing and deep storyline. Emotions felt in a cinema but in a video game.

I'm probably asking way too much ..:3
    How about this, forget about all of my Ideas above.. Try something with birds and attitudes :3

6. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #6 Aventador, Apr 2, 2013
    RPG in Fire Emblem style, be it with modern or retro graphic with good story( it would be awesome if you could switch between retro and modern style, but that is probably too much work for one game ) , variety of characters / customization and different game paths that can be taken.Premium price tag + release of additional buyable DLC for game in future.

It is more than obvious many people want anything fire emblem or advance war related, huge market potential on that field.Patria and War of Eustrath deliver a bit of that experience, but simply not enough( FFT is story all by itself) .There is no other competition as far as I know.

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I got many ideas. I would love to see a ninja gaiden type of game. The closest we got was samurai 2.

8. comicx90

Jul 26, 2012
    Ive been looking for a type of monster battle/ trainging rpg.
    That would be cool to create.

My second Idea would be an epic adventure third person game with a ninja storyline with swords etc.

But that's just a few things.

9. Raph3Arts

Hi guys!

Thank you all for your ideas! So far we have read awesome things, but we would like to specify two little things we forgot to tell :
    -We don't have any 3D artist and coder to do such a game, so preferably 2D game ideas would be better!
    -We'd like to do something more casual. The RPG fire emblem idea was pretty nice, and could be integrated in a casual game in some manner.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

10. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    #10 swimmingcub, Apr 2, 2013
    I think a great game to make is maybe a pixel side scrolling mount and blade kinda game where the world is randomely generated making some towns to recruit men and a way to build your castle anywhere on the map also you create and control a character just like mount and blade, factions , and large pixel people battles that would be great!!

Edit: also NO TURNED BASED I absolutley dislike turned based games haha

11. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    An Animal Crossing, or Harvest Moon type game.

12. mestour

mestour Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    If you can make a game like jazz jackrabbit 2
    I mean with some relatively Same graphic style as it or better :D
    and the same platforming mechanic
    I would be happy to help you with my music :D

13. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    None to worry, How about a 2D Skyrim RPG with all (or maybe even more) depth of the real Skyrim. Obviously different characters, storyline ect. But an RPG of that sort. I think that'd be sweet on my iPhone.

14. Raph3Arts

Hi guys!

Sorry for my lack of presence on the forum, I was really sick those past few days and wasn't able to check the forum!

I've read your ideas, and here's what we've got so far:
    -A 2D Skyrim RPG, where you build and manage your castle would be really nice to create.
    -The art style would be in Black & White, really abstract
    -This won't be flat 2D. So you won't walk on flat platforms, you'll walk on a rounded sphere, giving the impression that you actually travel all-around the randomly-generated world. The player will only see like 1% of the world on the screen (that's an example, if it's not really clear, I'll make a little sketch)
    -There would be some depth in the management, but never as deep as Skyrim (we are only 3 ;)

Sooo, what you guys think? Any other ideas? We're still open!

15. comicx90

Jul 26, 2012
    Strategic turn based rpg?

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    +1; nailed it. That would be amazing even in 2D with grayscale graphics.
    That's a fair idea; however, I would encourage emphasis be on world exploration instead of castle development (which really just sounds like a resource management sim). Adventure Bar Story is an example of a game of a game that blends both city management sim (kitchen) and RPG. If you're not interested in a Fire Emblem Style RPG then consier also a first person dungeon crawler like Dungeon Master. ...or better yet a 2D japanese style RPG like Final Fantasy.
    This!

17. comicx90

Jul 26, 2012

I would love to provide sketches. (I'm sort of an artist, although I cant assure I'll do it, just a suggestion)

Some random idea: Kind of inspired by pokemon/power rangers and zoids. You battle in giant animal like robots, in a turn based stategic way, with special moves. Instead of leveling up, after a fight you earn parts(after fighting other animal robots or hey maybe even earn money to get more parts) There would be tournaments with multiplayer, and singles ( story included--haven't really thought of it yet )

Sorry if this doesn't make sense I'm just shooting some thoughts, lol. Either that style or another gimmick but I'm still in for strategic turn based rpg XD

18. Raph3Arts

Something more like Medabots on GBA? (That was an awesome game!!) We already brainstormed that idea and we were really interested! What if we do it more like a medieval RPG and as you said, you don't get EXP but you get pieces of equipement like rings, plates, weapons etc! If so, should we do it more like text-based or world exploration? Also, once we'll have find a game genre, you'll be free to submit whatever sketches and assets you want, and if those are included, you'll be in the credits and you'll get promocodes depending of your effort!

And @undeadcow, the main aspect of the idea was world exploration, but with castle management being a little extra for the game!

19. comicx90

Jul 26, 2012

Something like a medabots (that was one my fav shows along with dragonball)

World exploration is the way to go in my opinion. It just feels more game-ish. Medieval would be cool, what if we combined my futuristic idea with the medieval genre..I

About gameplay, (forgove me my game language is horrible, lol)

I was thinking instead of side to side rpg's (Final fantasy) the charcters would go diagnally, take pokemon for example. I wish l had more reference but yeah world exploration and medieval

20. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    How about real time strategy?