Steve's Attitude Against Android

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by cotton julius, Apr 5, 2012.

1. cotton julius

cotton julius Active Member

Mar 28, 2012
    #1 cotton julius, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    It is a news from Associated Press.

In 2010, HTC introduced an Android phone that boasted many features of the iPhone. Steve Jobs said that Google's actions amounted to "grand theft." "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product." Steve Job told Walter Isaacson, the author of the biography "Steve Jobs".

Here is the details:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Jobs-questioned-authority-all-apf-1873950574.html?x=0

2. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I wonder what those features were.

Only things I would think are lockscreen, statusbar, dock, sliding homescreens, and such.

3. cotton julius

cotton julius Active Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Probably all the features except the appearence and size. :eek:

4. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Complete and utter bullshit, considering there were others phones that had elements of the iphone in them. Jobs was a paranoid asshole who would rather reign through dictatorship than compete with others.

5. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    He also said that he's willing to go to nuclear war against Google because of "theft" :p

6. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I know I should resist replying to this thread as it's obviously bait but I find it a pretty lame claim from Apple when there were touchscreen devices with apps way before IOS. I can remember the Palm and iPaq pdas pretty well that's not even counting computer tablets of which there was many.

Very ironic when they basicly just stole android notifications in the last IOS, personally I wish Google Success without competition in the market things would stagnate to much and I like to keep my options open.