Universal Pentumble - Free flowing precision platformer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by NiceDude, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    #1 NiceDude, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  2. NiceDude

Jul 23, 2014
    Beta testing this, will post impressions later

I told the developer about the thread and forum so there's a chance he might come by and ask for prospective testers. So if you're interested in the game, keep an eye out

3. NiceDude

Jul 23, 2014
    Played the first 12 of 36 levels. This is a very polished platformer with great level design.

The first thing that stands out is that art style. It has a 2.5D look that gives the levels and objects a sense of depth and size. Smooth animations and uncluttered UI round out the presentation

You control a multi-limbed robot with suction pad-esque legs that allows you to move freely around obstacles. This is a game about speed and precision, as you time jumps from moving platforms, leap from spinning gears and rotating spokes, and dive between spikes, saws, and other hazards. You may have to deftly avoid spikes blocks to collect keys or rotate around gears to dodge saw blades. Earning the three star time is all about your skills, speed, and some precise tricky jumps to shave off seconds

4. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Thanks for the tip NiceDude!! The trailer looks awesome! Can't wait for this.

5. mdasch

mdasch Member

Jul 23, 2014
    This looks really cool. Love the minimalist interface and the gameplay looks smooth as hell!

6. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Yes!! I want this yesterday!

7. Corun

Corun New Member

Aug 12, 2014
    Hi, I'm the dev of this game. I can accept a few beta testers if anyone is interested. Email me at: [email protected]

We should be releasing soon! You can sign up to our mailing list to find out when it's released on our website: http://pentumble.com

If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to answer them!

8. Corun

Corun New Member

Aug 12, 2014
    Just to let you guys know, Pentumble is now available on the App Store!

iOS Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/pentumble/id906738367?ls=1&mt=8
    Mac Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/pentumble/id895896778?ls=1&mt=12

Praise for Pentumble:
    TUAW - "Pentumble is a great platformer that features interesting platform challenges as well as a fluid control scheme and it is recommended for those who would like to test their skills with new challenges in platforming."
    AppSpy - "It's quick, it's tricky, and the controls are spot on."
    Indie Game Mag - "Pentumble is never too hard, and never too easy – it’s just right. It hits the sweet spot of difficulty and enjoyment that all games aspire to reach."