App Store Society - the upper and lower classes

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nuimo, Mar 1, 2013.

1. nuimo

nuimo Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Founder/developer/marketeer/general dogsbody
    Edinburgh
    Hi
    Would you like to read our blog post on games development and app store dynamics?

Our latest post preview:
    "In my last blog, I suggested, via some very shaky back-of-envelope calculations, that the average income per app is in the order of £4000. I think that is not too far from the truth – I’ve heard different amounts ranging from $1 to $8000, most of the differences depend on whether you understand statistics… So how can anyone be making any money of this business? Well, the answer, quite simply, is that the distribution of App Store income is a very, very extreme version of some real-world societies where the majority of the wealth is owned by a few %; but most are relatively poor ..."

Read more here: http://nevistech.com/goyeti/app-store-society-the-upper-and-lower-classes/

Enjoy
    Anthony

2. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    I think those apps that have the top few percent of the wealth should be forced to share their profit with the other app developers. This way they would all have money, and we'd all get better games........yeah that philosophy would suck on the AppStore but we have morons over here who think it would fix our economy. Oh we'll, you can't Fix stupid, but apparently you can let it vote.