iPhone Galactic Conflict - Real-Time Strategy (RTS), Single & Multiplayer: March 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MarkFromBitmenStudios, Feb 28, 2013.

1. MarkFromBitmenStudios

MarkFromBitmenStudios Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2011
    IT Architecture, Development Project Manager
    Austria, Europe
    #1 MarkFromBitmenStudios, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    Hello guys,

we are about to release Galactic Conflict RTS, a large-scale real-time strategy (RTS) game for iOS. It was explicitly developed for the iPad and after almost 2 years in development (and beta), we're happy to release it to the AppStore on
    Thursday March 14, 2013​

Here's the Official Trailer:

A few facts about the game:
    • Competitive "true" RTS game set in a SciFi space environment.
    • Comprehensive tutorial introducing gameplay and units.
    • Single player campaign (12 missions).
    • Skirmish against the AI (4 difficulty settings).
    • Online synchronous multiplayer (ranked, 1v1, 2v2, via Game Center).
    • Two distinct factions with their own play style, tech tree, ships, voice acting, music, etc.
    • Large space fleets (200 max supply) for some epic battles.
    • 26 different ships ranging from small but nimble fighters, corvettes, frigates to gigantic capital ships.
    • Balanced Gameplay (we'll continue tweaking based on stats we collect and your feedback).

I'm a huge RTS fan myself and it's pretty sad that this genre is so underrepresented on the AppStore when the iPad is actually such a great platform for RTS games. We'll also constantly work on the game balance after release since it is pretty essential for multiplayer. Almost all balancing aspects can be controlled without any need of Apple review so we can really fine-tune balance as needed.

That's the good news, now the bad news. :p

Hardware Requirements: iPad2+, iPhone4+, iPod Touch 5 Gen

There's a lot going on in the game with strikecraft dogfighting or doing bomber passes, players being able to build big space fleets with lots of ships so I'm sorry but we can't support older devices on that scale.

You can find screenshots and more information about the game (like detailled info on all ships in the game) at http://galactic.bitmen-studios.com.

Hope I can have a multiplayer match with some of you guys once it will be out, beta games have been a heck of fun but now we need fresh meat. :D

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, I'm visting the TA forums regularly anyway.

Cheers,
    Mark.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for supporting us small screen folks and single player; instabuy here.

3. RomeSweetHome

RomeSweetHome Member

Jan 11, 2013
    RTS fans rejoice!

I've been patiently waiting, and now it's almost here! This game is a day one purchase for me.

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Woah I'm glad I stumbled across this thread I love rts games and this looks like an insta buy from me.

5. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Neat! 2D or 3D RTS? I miss Homeworld. :/

6. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Wow. My only thing to save.

7. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Awesome!:D

Looks great...and it's too bad that there aren't more great RTS ports as well as unique IPs made specifically for iPad.

Anyway looking forward to the release!

8. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Looks interesting, even for me who is more inclined towards turnbased games.
    Hophop, on my watchlist you go!

9. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Wow looks very promising. Hope it's a true RTS - i.e. build bases or whatever - as well as resource collection.

Any idea on installed app size ?

10. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    This is my kind of game!!Cant wait for this to come out this month..hehe

11. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Looking good

12. MarkFromBitmenStudios

Apr 4, 2011
    Austria, Europe
    Thanks for your support!

Thanks guys for your replies, it really means a lot to me to see others getting as excited about this as I am. I have a lot of passion for this game and been working day and night to make this great. Every single comment helps me truly grasp that all the effort (and sometimes pain) to create this was not in vain. :)

The game's with Apple right now awaiting approval. I'll post more info on the release date later.

Sure, bases (buildings) are constructed on planets you own, you start out with one planet but you can "expand" by invading new planets subdueing the local (neutral) population (via bombarding and dropping ground forces) and then you can establish a new base. Of course you also mine resources on those planets (metal and crystal) and build other infrastructure (different factories, supply depots, research labs).

App size is roughly 111MB (installed) for the universal build (retina gfx and sound, esp. voice acting, take their toll).

Thanks, I agree, the iPad in particular is a great device for RTS but unfortunately, RTS is one of the most difficult genres to develop and a rather risky investment for new IP, so I don't think we can expect a lot of new releases anywhere near soon. I can't say about any ports, but I'm personally a bit disappointed about some ports of established brands tbh.

Of course not. I know everyone is going the freemium route now for maximum profit but this would kill any kind of fair competition in multiplayer.

Some have asked me about the units in the game, here's an overview sheet of the ships. More info on each individual ship or other aspects of the game can be found at http://galactic.bitmen-studios.com.

[​IMG]

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Wow.
    Seems StarBase Orion meets Gratuitious Space Battles with a meaty campaign.

Looking forward to this one.

14. MarkFromBitmenStudios

Apr 4, 2011
    Austria, Europe
    #14 MarkFromBitmenStudios, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    Release Date: March 14

It is more an RTS than a round-based 4X. In both games you mentioned, there is no real-time aspect and you have no direct control over the space battles. Galactic Conflict is a true RTS with bases, resources, technology and space ships under your control, everything in real-time, so expect a lot more action.

That and it ain't as buggy as any of the two are. :p

Btw, Apple has approved the game and it will hit the stores on
    Thursday March 14, 2013​

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Woooot! :)

16. Twenty One

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Great NEWS!!

Glad that it's almost here!

Best wishes to Mark and his team for a successful launch......hopefully this site as well as Pocket Tactics, Slide2play, pocket gamer, etc..will all give the game it's due props!

Really looking forward to battling you guys!! Bring it on!

17. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Good luck this week. Looks awesome!

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wow! Sweet! I can't freakn wait!

19. Twenty One

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Really glad to see some Devs release an actual RTS made specifically for this platform (like Autumn Dynasty) while also managing their own servers for PvP multiplayer! Their ability to tweak gameplay on their side without having to submit to Apple is nice while also being able to keep multiplayer balanced and competitive.

It's also great to see a campaign, but more importantly to me is that this also has SKIRMISH mode vs 4 levels of AI!

Man, like I said in another thread....what a great time to be an iPad strategy gamer. This is out tomorrow and 'Slitherine's Legion' is out today! Just wish I wasn't going to be so involved with the new Battlefield 3 expansion these next few days but I will get my time with Galactic Conquest eventually!!

20. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    So excited for this! Hope you get all the credit you deserve!!