Bloons vs Koala Darts vs Rescue Angels

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by freedog, Jun 9, 2009.

?

Bloons vs Koala Darts vs Rescue Angels

Poll closed Jul 9, 2009.
  1. Bloons

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. Koala Darts

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Rescue Angels

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Bloons vs Koala Darts vs Rescue Angels... which one do you recommend?

2. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    bloons if you are looking for a lot of levels
    koala dartz if you are looking for better graphics and better gameplay

3. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    Well I couldn't decide so I bought all 3 of them. All great games. Rescue Angels has 500 levels! so I have to go with that one as the one I like the most. Bloons and Koala Darts good games too. Glad I got em all

4. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    What would you say was the worst of them all? I currently have Koala Dartz, and I hate that it doesn't keep your last angle memorized =/

5. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    Hmm, well I don't think any of them are bad, but if I had to rate them I would put them in this order
    1. Rescue Angels
    2. Bloons
    3. Koala Darts

6. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    i hate rescue angels level design.

7. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    There's good things and bad things about each of them. Koala Darts feels like you are shooting an elastic band more than an arrow, yet its still a good game. I wish they could take all the good traits from each of these games and combine them into one.

8. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    In koala darts, the power arrow is so big and bulky, it looks really weird. I would go with bloons.

9. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    It doesn't always have 50 levels. I ran into trouble with level 27 or 28, and was not able to complete it. Since it will not unlock any levels after 30 until you finish ALL of 1 to 29 (and any levels after 60 until you finish all of 31-59), I ended up with RA 29.

If you are sure you are never going to get stuck on a level, it has 500 levels. The first time you get stuck, the game is locked at that point. Its a stupid way to set up a game.

I tried the level I was stuck at for a while, and then I just deleted the game.

Play at your own risk.

10. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    After playing a little more I would say Bloons is tied with Rescue Angels as the best. Whats cool about RA is that there is kind of a code to keep track of landing the arrows in the right places. The code is the numbers of your POWER and ELEVATION. The other 2 games do not really have a code except Bloons kind of leaves your last shot (invisible arrow of it) displayed so its easy to adjust your next shot. Koala Darts uses a "power percentage" to kind of aid you with your shots.

11. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    I would say Bloons.

12. I belive I bought Rescue Angles 500 (500 levels)for $2...also spent $1 on Rescue Angels 60 (60 levels). Bought Bloons $1 but not one review mentioned the controls (they suck). Tried Koala Darts lite version and power % it shows which is nice but doesn't show last shot. I kinda like a little strategy when trying to complete a level not just pull back and hope you get lucky like at a local carnival. Thus my vote has to go with Rescue Angels.

13. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    That's the way I felt. Anyone can flick and arrow and play the guessing game, but I wanted a little strategy involved. Rescue Angels offers that strategy, enabling the player to use a "code" of POWER and ELEVATION numbers to modify their next shots and land the arrows in the right places.
    I don't expect Rescue Angels to get many votes in this poll, simply because most people don't own it and haven't played it. The other 2, Bloons and Koala Darts are fun, and are only $.99 so most people will go with those. RA is $3.
    I like how smoothly Bloons runs and its presentation. And the fact that Bloons is only $.99 compared to RA being $3 I would put those 2 games in a tie for best when you factor in everything including price.

14. mek

mek Well-Known Member

im still bitter about Rescue angels charging for a demo 50 level, then litering that demo with advertisements that slowed down the gameplay advertising their 500 level...
    i heard they fixed it...but i deleted it a long time ago..

so i boycot them as much as i can

15. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    just saw bloons update. it adds another 50 levels!!!!!

16. David

David Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    I don't understand your complaints with Bloons not having numbers. At first it is difficult to gauge a shot, but after a few levels don't you just kind of get the hang of it. Its not like you pull back and the power is randomly chosen, you just have to have a feel for it. Personally I like that more than just looking at numbers to know exactly...

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yes, that's an interesting point... last June :p