What sports games does the iPhone severely lack?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kiranb28, Sep 11, 2010.

1. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I'm a happy golfer on my iPhone.

I'm happy swinging my bat, slapping my puck and smacking some balls (table tennis) on my iPhone.

It's quite unfortunate there's no decent:

a) Basketball game, and
    b) Tennis game

...yet.

I wish/hope 2KSports will port NBA 2k11 on the device - they did a fantastic job at NBA2K10 on the PSP and have no doubt it would work well if translated.

Tennis... doesn't sound that hard to port correctly, eh? Just port Virtua Tennis and we're Game, Set and Match!

NFL Blitz, or a system using Backbreaker's mechanics would be fantastic too. The running/passing in Madden and Gameloft's offering still seem a bit mechanical compared to the former.

Thoughts?

2. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i would like x2 games to make a basketball game.

3. mrholder

mrholder Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    NBA Live and Real Tennis are pretty fun for what they are. I'm sure with the new retina display and stuff, there will be top notch NBA and Tennis games before long.

4. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I would say Good ones. It doesn't matter what genre sport it is.

I suggest:

- Stick Skater
    - NHL 2K11
    - Backbreakers (was recently free).

5. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    NBA Jam would kick ass!

6. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Like everyone else said, basketball. There's pretty much only one basketball game besides the arcade ones.
    I'm hoping either EA makes an NBA Live 2011, 2K games will bring over NBA 2K11, X2 makes a completely new game, or Gameloft brings over their NBA Pro Basketball series from their java games...

7. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    It seems reasonable to believe at this point that Gameloft will create a game called Real Basketball. Whether it's fully licensed or not remains to be seen.

Real Tennis
    Real Baseball
    Real Golf
    Real Soccer/Football

They couldn't call NFL 2011 Real Football, since the European version of the soccer game already has that title, but I see what Gameloft is doing here.

Real Basketball, here we come.

8. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    RUGBY!!!! Seriously, a good rugby sim would be awesome. Or cricket, most of the current ones are average as, needs a decent sim, not this arcady crap where your expected to score a boundary every ball. And also tennis, a real tennis game with licenses would be great.

9. tchibo126

tchibo126 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Germany
    nba jam!!!!!!!!!

10. mky

mky Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Never seen any Field Hockey Sim on any platform!

11. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, I agree that we need a decent rugby game. The only one I know is Rugby Nations 09 and it's alright but I want a better rugby game.

12. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    polo

(not serious..)

13. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

14. For those of you wanting a new Rugby game, we have Rugby Nations 2010 in development. I can't give you many details right now but it's coming!! :)

Look out for a thread on Upcoming iPhone games soon.

Nigel

15. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    Cheers!!! Watch the tri-nations last night?? All Blacks once again steal the game at the death! Almost feel sorry for the wallabies, but not quite. Whats that 10 in a row??????

16. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Aquatic Tennis Bowling. That sport seems to be ignored in all gaming consoles, sadly...

....Ok no really. The obvious answer to this is Basketball. There's only one true basketball game and it sucks (NBA Live).

17. RoadRunner123

RoadRunner123 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    NHL 2K11 would be really nice. I bought NBA Live when it was on sale and it wasn't very good.