Experienced artists looking for Programmer for iPad App

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by americanbean, Dec 23, 2010.

1. We're in the earlier planning stage of an app development and we're looking to join forces with a game/software Programmer interested in making titles for the iPad. We'd love to connect with someone to team up with on this new venture. Our ultimate aim is to create a company of talented individuals that create innovative, imaginative software that inspires.

We want to start small and something that plays into our strengths as artists; An app that would showcase our illustration, ability to tell story ,and create mood with pictures.

Company:
    Carbon Canyon Studios

Project:
    An interactive book app for the iPad. The app would move through an episodic story told through pictures and illustration. A poetic fantasy.

Compensation:
    This project has no funding. I see this initial project only needing one engineer. So the profits would be cut in thirds if it sells in the app store: Myself, Justin, Ninja Programmer.

Small 3/4 person team.

Quick bio:
    Justin and Vance have been friends for over 20 years. We've collaborated on multiple projects and continue to work with each other on any project we can get the other on. We've both done work for companies such as: Disney, Warner Bros, Universal, Wizards of the Coast, Epic Games, Interplay, Bottle Rocket, Tor Books, Penguin, Harper Collins, Midway, and Trion.

Vance Kovacs:
    I was a lead artist at Black Isle, a division of Interplay. I've worked in the games industry for more than 10 years. I moved into doing film conceptual work and worked on all the Narnia films, Thor, Men in Black 3, and John Carter of Mars. As well, I've worked with Disney Imagineering as a freelance consultant and Designer. I've had first hand experience with engine development and working with game engineers on 3D renderers. I've touched every part of game art asset creation, from interface, fonts, 2D, 3D, animation, textures and lighting.

Justin Sweet:
    Justin was the Art Director at Black Isle and has had a successful career as an award winning freelance illustrator. He was a key concept artist on the Narnia films and the upcoming Green Lantern. His art can be seen on a myriad of fantasy book covers and promotional products. He's considered one of the top artists in his field today.

We've made a career out of selling ideas and designing unique characters & environments, now we want to do it for ourselves. The plan is to build a company that we can feed our intellectual properties into. To achieve this we're looking for someone sharp, eager and willing to jump in with us as we build this from the ground up.

If this sounds interesting to someone, don't hesitate to contact me or leave me your contact info.
    Vance Kovacs
    [email protected]
    http://www.vancekovacs.com
    http://www.justinsweet.com
    http://www.carboncanyonstudios.com

You can also look at our credits on IMDB

2. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    I sent you a PM.