Relative touch control for shmups done right!!! (No finger of gameplay)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by buzzToronto, May 11, 2016.

?

Resizable/moveable display for horizontal shmups for dedicated relative touch area

Poll closed Jun 10, 2016.
  1. A very important feature to include in horizontal shmups

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. A moderately important feature to include in horizontal shmups

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not an important feature to include in horizontal shmups

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Don't have an opinion on this

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. buzzToronto

buzzToronto Member

May 11, 2016
    #1 buzzToronto, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
    What people want is not often what they *need*. People often want full-screen video for gameplay. But what they actually need for the best relative touch (RT) gameplay experience is a smaller, offset gameplay display and the recovered screen real estate dedicated to RT movement control.

Look what I have set up in terms of playing the enjoyable shmup, "Vritra" with relative touch control on my iPhone 6 Plus.

(See attachment)

The developers of Vritra (Salvo Inc. from Japan) did a fantastic job at implementing a customizable display area that can by moved and resized, along with the equally important RT movement sensitivity multiplier. (I like mine set at 2x).

With this customized setup for playing Vritra, I have sufficient room on the right to use the pointer/index finger of my right hand for movement, and my left hand for the Burst button. And the entire gameplay display is never covered/occluded by my fingers.

This setup makes for an AMAZING and liberating gameplay experience!

My only wish is that other horizontally scrolling shmups (and vertical ones too!) adopted this level of customized display/control setup. (R-Type for iOS I'm talking to you!!)

I would rather have a large dedicated relative touch control area and smaller video so that my fingers never cover the gameplay and I can actually PLAY THE GAME. How about you?

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    This is not the correct section for this dribble. Please post in future in the correct sections not just anywhere like u have done!

3. buzzToronto

buzzToronto Member

May 11, 2016
    I just realized my error.. I am sorry! First time posting to forums in ages. I'm out of practice. All apologies.

It's absolutely not dribble, though. Surprised you would insult the content.

Sorry for my mistake!

Perhaps I should delete it and repost? I am trying to make a request to move it to general discussion, along with correcting the typo in the poll title (it should match the corrected topic title).

4. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    WOW
    4rm my Twitter...

Attached Files: