Games that you downloaded just because they had a cool icon

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Omega-F, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    It's kinda funny, I've downloaded some apps just because they had a cool icon. The good thing is that some of these actually turned out to be good apps instead of the usual crap. ekibo for example, which is free is a decent game with cool music, same with 2 Block (also free).

Have you ever downloaded a game just because you thought the icon looked nice?

2. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
  3. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    No, I won't waste money. If I really liked the icon and was despertate to look at it every second of my joy filled life I would tale a screenshit and look at it in photo's and even that is stupid.

4. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    No, but I do the opposite. I'll shy away from buying a good game if it has an ugly icon.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I've looked at apps listed on the new/price-drop lists here and other sites because they had a cool icon, but never bought one just for the icon.

Is it just the apps I have, or do icons tend to change a decent amount? I've had a number of apps change their icons, sometimes more than once! :confused:

6. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    So far you only gave examples of free games so you didn't take the plunge because of the icon (mostly), it's because of the fact that its free...

...C'mon if khalid made an app for 4.99 with one of the best icons..would you buy it?

7. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I dont buy the game based off the icon, but when i'm scrolling through pages of apps, some icons really catch your eye (GeoDefense, Pocket God, Cartoon Wars, etc.)

8. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    The whole point of the icon is to catch your eye for you to click on the game to check it out...as what I do, but if you buy a game solely on that (FREE doesn't count) you must be an idiot

btw I am not stating that the OP is an idiot

9. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Well, I bought Orbital just because of the cool looking icon.

10. jeknightx

jeknightx Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    like pocket god

11. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    LOL, funny...and no, never done that before. I usually look to many reviews before I buy any game.

12. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    I don't think many people download an app just for the icon.
    But for me I KEEP a game that I don't even play anymore just because it has a cool icon.
    SauceLifter has a cool icon and I don't play that or like that anymore. I just kept it on my ipod for looks. I've deleted it now though to make space for games I do play.