iPhone Sanga - 3D Puzzle Game (Kickstarter)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by roniman, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roniman

roniman Member

Dec 8, 2013
    #1 roniman, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Hi everyone!

My name is Chi and I am a math instructor. While teaching my students about 3D concepts, I created a new 3D puzzle game called Sanga (which is Mandarin for 'three of'). It will be a free app for the iPad.

This game is a mixture of 3D Tic Tac Toe, Set, and Chess.

The students love Sanga, because it teaches them about spatial reasoning, logical thinking, and persistence.

"I like playing till the end because even when someone has Sanga, you still have a chance to get more Sanga for yourself and still win. Sanga is intense!" IC

Everyone else agrees it's a fun and exciting game.

"Woah! At first I thought this game was going to be boring like 3D Tic Tac Toe. Once I put the pieces on the Qoob, the strategies started flying and it became very exciting!" KM

I have chosen to use Unity to develop Sanga on the iPad because I want a visually stunning puzzle game that is actually challenging for the user, but still fun to play. So the dev team has put a little something together to show the full potential of this game. This is NOT the final version, there is still a lot of work to do, but watch this and you will know why I am so excited to share this with everyone!

Come take a look and be a part of the amazing journey! Any support is appreciated, so join our awesome kickstarter campaign!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/122275396/sanga

2. roniman

roniman Member

Dec 8, 2013
    As I promote my project in different forums, I have come to a simple realization:

I am just one of many that's promoting their own projects.

And unless I happen to be a video game company (which I'm not) that's making an awesome game you happen to be looking for, most of you probably won't care about what I am doing.

Therefore, I'm going to do something different: I am going to tell you about myself, and what I believe in. If that doesn't interest you, you may want to stop.

I believe that puzzles strengthen our problem solving skills. I have been a math instructor for over 15 years. I love math, and I love using puzzles to teach my students. I love encouraging my students, and enjoy watching them solve problems/puzzles.

I believe I am a good teacher, and I set a good example for my students. Therefore, I have decided that this campaign is also a good lesson for my students. If I do poor work on the design, or if I don't give my 100% in promoting it, then I am a hypocrite when I ask the same quality from my students.

I believe this project will be a success. I don't mean "hey you did your best" type of success. I mean it WILL meet the goal, and it will become a household name for puzzle games.

I believe the backers on this project will be proud to be a part of the journey. I have learned so much along the way, and one of the things I've learned is that there are many people who wish to see me succeed. It makes me feel blessed, and as a result, I'm even more committed to make everyone proud to be a part of Sanga.

I believe this game has the potential to change the way future puzzle games are built. Many puzzle games nowadays are built around bright colors, cute shapes, and luck. However, I wish to fully utilize technology and provide visually stunning graphics for players, as well as have an actually challenging puzzle game.

I believe in the power of crowdfunding. Knowing that the Statue of Liberty was crowdfunded gives me hope to be able to find others who are like-minded.

I believe if you read this far, you are one of the like-minded individuals I am looking for. There still may be factors that keep you from pledging, I understand. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM them, or ask on the Kickstarter site. If you still choose not to back the project, I thank you for your time.

3. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Cool concept! It's nice when you see something innovative once in a while

4. roniman

roniman Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Thanks Snozberry! Any other puzzle lovers here?