Head Spin 3D

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Runloop, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Runloop

Runloop Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Hi guys,

My latest game has been submitted to the App Store. The new game is Head Spin 3D. This is actually the 4th, and unless it's incredibly successful, probably last version of Head Spin. This version I've gone all out on it though after learning from plenty of mistakes in the previous versions.

Here's a Youtube clip of me explaining the game:

You can find more info on the website: http://headsp.in

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dan

2. yeyeman9

yeyeman9 Member

Aug 4, 2010
    It looks interesting! I am curious though, how much will it be worth?

3. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    #3 Runloop, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    It's important to understand how Head Spin 3D is going to work. It is not about solving individual puzzles. Each day players are given twelve new puzzles for each difficulty level. All players get the same set of puzzles. The aim is to complete these twelve puzzles as quick as possible. Players may make as many mistakes as they like while completing the puzzles. However, once a puzzle is complete it may not be replayed to improve the time. Instead, players must wait for the next day's puzzles.

The game is being released free with in app purchase.

What you get for free:
    • One difficulty level containing twelve new puzzles everyday forever (that's over 4000 puzzles a year)
    • Ten opportunities to unlock the full game completely FREE for four hours simply by sharing your times on Facebook and Twitter
    • Undeniably awesome music to play along to

What you get with In App Purchase:
    • All difficulty levels - unlock the 3-7 move puzzles (an extra 21,900 puzzles a year)
    • Practice mode - allowing players to play forever. Ideal for warming up before attempting each day's puzzles
    • The option to turn off advertising

At the moment the In App Purchase prices are set at:
    All levels = $1.99
    Practice = $1.99
    All levels + Practice = $2.99

Depending on the success of the game these might change.

4. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Here's a shorter video with more gameplay. It also describes the pricing structure a little better I think.

The easy puzzles are free forever. The rest can be unlocked for 4 hours up to 10 times by sharing your time on twitter or facebook. An example of the twitter status can be seen here: https://twitter.com/runlooptest/status/20966860037 and it's the same on Facebook.

5. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    In fact if anyone would like a pre-release version send an email to [email protected] with your name, device type, and UDID. Please only apply if you've done this before as I won't be providing instructions.

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Will definitely try the free stuff when it comes out. My head is spinning after work. ;D

7. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    Head Spin is perfect for commutes on public transport. Or even while you are sat on the toilet at your job avoiding work! I know you do it (because I do to, and that's how I dropped a 3GS in the toilet).

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    ROFL!!! Mate, I do that for sure. Hope to God I don't drop my phone down there though!

9. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK
    It was insured fortunately. You should have seen the guy at carphonewarehouse's face when I handed it to him and told him what had happened to it. :eek:

10. Runloop

Nov 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Southampton, UK