Frootrees is back for Halloween!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheTinMan, Oct 15, 2009.

1. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

Something spooky is happening in Frootland! The Froots are back and this time they have brought some freaky friends!!

[​IMG]

To celebrate Halloween, Tin Man Games have created a brand new Frootrees experience with brand new art and an eery new soundtrack! Pluck the freaky Froot from the Frootree and place them in the correct crates. It's not as easy as it looks though, with ways to boost your score by effectively using multiplier bonuses and the infamous Frootrees upward flick! We have online scoring if you think you're good enough to compete with the rest of the world. Coming soon to the app store priced $0.99!

[​IMG]

It's time to get Frootened! Mwu-hahahahahahaha!!

The Tin Man

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Awesome! :)

3. TheTinMan

Free Promos

When Frootrees Halloween Edition has been approved we'll have some free promo codes up for grabs. We want to hear the scariest thing you've ever had to eat!

4. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Oh, great! I was looking forward to a screenshot :)
    The background is awesome and the new froots are... frightening :eek:

5. silent genius

silent genius Well-Known Member

Awesome! :D Can't wait to play this!

I'll practice some more on the original until this is out ^^

Scariest thing I've ever had to eat : Rice ball in Japan. It was a mix of rice, seaweeds and fish larva so basically the rice was covered in a million tiny black eyes staring at me. :eek:

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Durian!

I'm gonna post early - the scariest thing I've had to eat is a fruit known as durian:

[​IMG]

First off, they are as scary as they look - big and spiky (can be about a foot across) and you have to pry it open with a screwdriver!

I often tell people eating one is like eating custard in an outhouse. The meat is tasty, but I've never smelled any food as overwhelmingly pungent as this. Of course my wife, niece and nephew, heck their whole family love these things to pieces. I have a really hard time eating them! :eek:

P.S. Don't bother trying to eat these frozen and shipped abroad, you get all the stink and none of the flavor - but if you're ever in SouthEast Asia, be sure to try them at least once if they are in season, like them or not, there is nothing else like them!

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Runner Up: Chicken Feet

Almost forgot Chicken Feet.

[​IMG]

However these were only scary the first time, they taste good if made well - once you get used to chewing the skin off of the bones (and spiting out the bones) they're pretty good.

Also good in soup.

8. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    Hey Drelbs, we both got that in our country. :)

Here's mine:
    You can find this kind of delicacy in the Philippines and other asian countries. Its a fertilized duck egg with a nearly-developed embryo. The scary part is eating the baby duck itself whole. ugh.

[​IMG]

9. TheTinMan

These posts are great! Pics too! I'm reading these over my breakfast this morning and the duck egg just made me spit out a mouthful!

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I've come across those on the shelf before, thankfully even my wife thinks those are nasty sounding.

Now preserved duck eggs (centuries egg) look nasty but are delicious, especially in rice porridge! :)

[​IMG]

11. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I don't have a pic, but I have eaten live crickets. I've also eaten mealworms dipped in chocolate...those were good...texture kind of like rice crispies.

[​IMG]

Live crickets...imagine a peanut that's been soaked in water with kind of a weird aftertaste...not terrible, except when you get a leg in your teeth.

12. Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Slaving peon.
    Not here; not there; not anywhere!
    *tries not to gag after reading the last few posts* :(

13. TheTinMan

Haha...you would need some serious flossing after that. Sounds horrible.

14. TheTinMan

Frootrees Halloween is finally out!!

Hi everyone! We're really pleased to say that Frootrees Halloween was finally approved by Apple today! We were worried we would miss Halloween but we scraped in with a day to go!

Available now for $0.99USD - buy it..you won't regret it! :)

Download from here!

Happy Halloween!

The Tin Man

15. TheTinMan

We have a promo code winner!

Okay we have a winner of our mini competition - Congratulations to sic for helping me to turn my stomach upside-down and spit out my breakfast cereal one morning as I read the TA forums!

I'll be in touch sic with a promo code for you! Thanks to everyone that took part!