Hurricane Sandy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by CygnetSeven, Oct 29, 2012.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Wishing all of our TA members in the US Northeast safety and peace during the next few days. Feel free to use this space to share your experiences and well wishes. Be safe!

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Thanks! Hopefully the outcome will be less severe then Irene!

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Things are still pretty calm here (Salem, Massachusetts) – I even went running this morning. Work and school were cancelled, so I'm home with my son. Salem is right on the water, but luckily we're about 3/4 mile from the harbor and atop a hill, so we don't expect any flooding.

Stay dry, folks!

4. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Was in Salem a few years ago. There is a little diner just down the street from the museum that has the best chowder in the world! I hope all goes well but it looks like it's going to be a long week.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Hmm, wonder if you're talking about Red's... There are a couple other "traditional" diners in Salem but they're not quite down the street from the Peabody Essex.

Funny thing is, the last couple of weeks have already been pretty long, since Halloween is our big tourist season (not complaining – the businesses need the money!). Hopefully things will be close to normal by October 31st.

6. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Hey everyone, stay safe. It's already getting kind of rough here in Maryland. Not looking forward to tonight. When my power goes out I'll be on my phone playing games. Too bad that only last a few hours #

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Hey you can always go and charge it up in your car. That's my plan ;)

8. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Getting nasty here on Long Island, places are flooded and 45k people without power so far and sandy hasn't even reached land yet. Lucky that I have power so far, with Irene I was out of power for a week. Good luck all stay safe.

9. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Not sure if this photo is real or not.

[​IMG]

10. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
  11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    What about this one?

[​IMG]

Seriously though, I wish everyone on the East Coast a safe night. Hopefully the storm will pass over without causing too much damage.

12. And play games on your idevices to pass the time, make sure to make an emergency bag full of your favorite idevices, I know I would in an emergency. Good luck!

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wishing you all best of luck in the area of the hurricane! Saw video footage and places are already flooding

14. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Power just went out.. Damn that was quick

15. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Whew, just got home 20 mins ago and was a very difficult drive from work. Wind with the rain kept pushing the car to either side of the road to the point that my fingers felt like they'd sunk an inch into the steering wheel.
    Now I'm only hoping the power stays on.

16. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    I heard that in one country they name their hurricanes after politicians they didn't like, cool huh?

17. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Power is out here too :( luckily generator is working and my ISP still has power so I can go online :)

18. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Keeping everyone in my thoughts, stay safe and curl up with some Punch Quest!

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I suggest you guys save your phone battery and don't go online unless you are in an emergency. Best of luck to you. :)

20. Get an external battery, I have one, it will charge my phone like 4 times or my new ipad once, one of the best investments that I have made, and it will be very useful in an emergency.

Probably not a hurricane though, since I live in Los angeles, probably will be a big earthquake, or Martians invading us... :p