Who Wants 2D Minigore Classic?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by playn, Dec 15, 2009.

?

Do you want it?

1. hell yessss!

55 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. nah

31 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    #1 playn, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    Who wants the original minigore to come to the appstore

this is what minigore was first going to be (if i remember correctly) i reckon it looks pretty damn fun, anyone else agree? who wants it in the appstore!?

2. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I do! I remember seeing it in the beta testers thread, and I thought. 'Man, I want to play that!'

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Doesn't look very fun to me.

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    As is, Minigore's strength is only its visuals.
    Take it out and it has nothing left.

5. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    lol, you realize this is completely different from minigore, right?

6. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

Lol. It looks way too hard.

7. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    This looks very good. I think some people (not me) will like this better than Minigore. Hope you'll release it!

8. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Sorry, I just watched the first 5 seconds and didn't realise the different mechanism. It looks way more interesting than Minigore!! I still wish it's a bit more polished though. 2D can still look nice too, like Flight Control, 33rd Division, Blimp, 1112, Monsterkill, etc.

9. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    thats alright
    yea apparentaly its just a proto type, so it could get some improvement (models or something?)

10. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    It looks damn cool! Hiding in forests... lol :D and then you shoot and suddenly a wall of bullets coming at you xD I would love to play this game

11. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Looks like you would need a lot more statergy. Looks more fun too. Dont get me wrong, I love minigore, but it gets boring after a while.

12. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    That prototype was all about hiding, the goal was to get to those buildings and rig them with explosives. It took several seconds to plant the explosives so you had to stay out of sight. Going to the grass without shooting made the character hide.

3d graphics are a double edged sword, on the other hand it can make you stand out from the crowd but on the other hand it's slow to develop.

Sometimes I wish we could just throw a green sphere into the game and call it a new enemy ;)

We did the technology from ground up and each time we add new enemies we need to optimize. Notice how in Episode 3 there's no giant furries or regular furries when the Wormwolf appears? Wormwolf was supposed to eat the furries and grow longer but framerate dropped too low when they both were on screen so we couldn't make it.

For developers that are just starting out using something like Unity should help a lot, I've heard that Unity is highly optimized and can provide great performance.

I don't recommend going same route as us, it's just so much effort to build 3d engine with one programmer <-- who has to do the gameplay programming and everything else too.

btw. playn, you can embed youtube videos with the [youtube] tags

13. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    The more the merrier! As it is, I wouldn't pay anything for it, but it's a prototype.

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

maybe this could be some sort of easter egg within mingore? that would be fun!

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The description says "This is how the first Minigore/Hardgore prototype looked when it was still a PS3/Xbox 360 project." and given the size of the characters I'd rather see it on PS3/360 in full glorious HD than on the iPhone.

16. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
  17. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

If they improve the graphics, add a health bar/lives, and add levels, then yes.
    Otherwise no.

18. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    thanks timo, got it embeded

and yea i agree with some of you, as is its probably not ready to be released but remember, this was just a prototype ;)

19. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
  20. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Must say, that looks fun. I'd hit it.