Has anyone else found their non game salad game on gamesalad?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by dreadwench, May 20, 2011.

1. dreadwench

dreadwench Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2011
    It seems a bit like they're making it seem like games that are not made with gamesalad are made with gamesalad.

They're also scouring other game forums, cutting and pasting the posts and putting them on their own forums making out they're posted by members.

has anyone else found this happening to them?

2. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    I'd be very interested in seeing evidence to back up these claims.

3. dreadwench

Jan 17, 2011
    Go through their forums, it not hard to spot shit you will recognise that has been copy and pasted from here.

4. pinkandpurple

pinkandpurple Well-Known Member

May 19, 2011
    Secretary
    LodsysGate

Surely this is another LodsysGate?
    IF true this is total stealing of UM a persons game property

5. dreadwench

Jan 17, 2011
    Well, I don't think I'd say it is stealing. They didn't exactly take the game.
    It was pretty odd that I found the game on there and it seemed to be very strongly suggesting it was made with gamesalad, without outright saying it was.

I don't think it's stealing when they cut and paste from other forums but the way they do it is very dishonest.

I emailed them and had a bit of a growl and recieved an apology in reply and the woman claimed she'd look into it but haven't heard anything since. They deleted everything to do with the game straight away.

It's all a bit strange.

6. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    so its all deleted and since you did not posted there is no proof anymore.. bummer..

i think with such claims a simple link to the specific topic/s would be good..

7. dreadwench

Jan 17, 2011
    Seriously, wtf...
    Why in the world would someone make up something like this where is the benefit?

Want the emails?
    I am pretty sure I have a screenshot on one of my computers, want it?
    Gee wiz, I found something unusual and wanted to see if it's happened with anyone else and get more or less called a liar, what is wrong with you people?

8. Lonan

Lonan Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    always back up any claims like this with a link or screenshot to avoid being called a liar. lots of crazy people out there that will say anything to cause drama.

if true, then its just sad.

9. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

lol.. why so jumpy.. did i say you lied? they cleaned up very fast.. nothing more nothing less.. so a link to the original thread (when it was avaiable) would have been nice..

why should someone make something up or why should someone copy post from a different forum to theirs.. whats the benefit?

next time snap a screenie..

as for the game salad forums.. since i don't follow them at all i assume they also talk about non game salad game releases etc. and are not exclusiv covering/discussion things game salad?

*shrug*

10. dreadwench

Jan 17, 2011
    Only thing I can think of is they want to pad out their forums and make it look more popular than it is, which would be sad and also rather pointless considering they seem pretty popular as it is. I checked them out because I was hearing all sorts of rave reviews about them.
    Screenie is on my work computer, I grabbed one to show my partner before I sent the email incase it was gone (and it was) before he was around.

It's not really harmful to anyone, but it IS extremely weird.

I still want to know if anyone else has come across it anything similar.

They do cover other stuff of course, being a forum.

11. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    That would be kinda strange, I mean, there are sites like TA for game releases. Any game posted in the GameSalad forums should be GameSalad games.

Was it posted by the admins or mods? If it's just a user then I think it's fine...

12. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    well without seeing what was actualy going on, maybe the same guy posted about the same game in different forums and instead of writing the same stuff he just copy& paste his chit chat over there..

*shrug*

edit:

why should they only talk about game salad games.. ? its a community like any other.. forums of other tools/frameworks are also talking about different games etc.

13. dreadwench

Jan 17, 2011
    One of the posts that was over there was one of my own cut and pasted from here. It was about being in N&N and it was pasted there under their N&N section which seems to be for gamesalad games in new and noteworthy but I can't be sure.
    Our game was in the gamesalad releases... free promo for us, but f'd up when it isn't a game salad game and we had nothing to do with the posts.

14. jogo

jogo Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    What is a screenie worth in times of Firebug? xD

15. Photics

Photics Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    #15 Photics, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
    I'm confused. :confused:

Is a member of the community being accused of something... or is it the company itself?

I've chatted with some of the guys that work at GameSalad. They seem pretty straightforward and honest to me.

16. Repair Drone

Repair Drone Well-Known Member

It might not have been the GameSalad people themselves. A slightly different situation, but it reminds me of something that happened a while back when only the first "Sentinel" game had been released. I found someone pretending to be the Sentinel developer on one of the other largish iPod Touch fan forums. They swiped an Origin8 logo avatar, then introduced themselves politely to the community, polled the community on their thoughts on DLC, and offered some promo codes which were almost immediately noted to be "all gone" (as they obviously weren't valid Sentinel codes).

I have no idea what their motive was - they weren't really begging for praise and attention, nor were they doing a smear job, and it's not like we were a terribly high profile company at the time. Luckily the mods over there shut them down sharpish. People are weird :confused:

17. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    waiting for that screenshoot too?