Zenonia

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Foozelz, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Is the game any fun? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy it or not

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    At 3 bucks, you'd be an idiot to pass this game up. If you're really on the fence about RPG's though, there's a lite version that you might want to give a go before upgrading to the whole thing. I've been playing this game alot though and I don't think I've even put a dent in it... it's HUGE. The gameplay is awesome and is rivaled by very few games. If you're into that sorta game, GO FOR IT. If not, give the lite a go.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    if you're gonna get any rpgs on the idevice, this is the one to get.

4. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Y not? It's only $3

5. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

No, guys seed is free and evey bit as good! And I find the controls easier!

6. Sixxes

Sixxes Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Get it, and then join the thousands of people wating for the second one in a few months. (Besides, it's only $3)

7. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    While I like SEED alot, it's more of just a "Do the quest" kind of game. It has awesome gameplay, but it's REALLY lacking in story, something I can't say for Zenonia. Zenonia will give you a reason to keep playing.

And SEED doesn't exactly have good controls... yeah, they're crappy. Almost as bad as Dungeon & Hero, just MUCH better gameplay.

8. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    YAY FOR ZENONIA 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol...my spazzy moment of the day...everyday for the next 2 months...just until I can get my hands on Zenonia 2...

9. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

I bought ZENONIA, meh JK!

HOLY SH!T ITS AMAZING!
    i wish controls were better but, the game is amazing!

10. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    See, we told you. It's my favorite ARPG on the iPhone so far, along with Hybrid. Been running through both games a bit recently and I'm loving them again.

Only 2 months until the sequel....

11. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Just curious, what exactly is the gameplay in Hybrid?

12. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    It's a side scrolling beat-em-up sorta game but with a TON of RPG elements. It's pretty much like those arcade games where you beat up the enemies, move on, and stuff, but there's leveling up and infinite combos and... it's just really cool. I think it's down to 3 bucks too now, and at that price you need to go get it.

I love that trailer just for the song... it's A Fallen Star by Norther for anyone who's curious. Ended up being one of my favorite songs right after seeing this.

13. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Ya, I fell in love with Mad World after seeing the first Gears of War commercial :p.

I have the game, it's amazing, just curious if there was different sort of gameplay other than beat-em up, like free wandering a-la The World Ends With You etc.

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Lol if you have it then you should know that there isn't. How far did you get? I think I got past the first 2 fortresses if I'm right... that was back on my old iPod when this game was still new.

So it's all level based, not like TWEWY. You fight, beat the level, go to the map, go back, fight again, keep it up. You keep getting new abilities as you go, not just spirit powers, so it stays new and doesn't get too repetitive, although I found myself taking breaks from it here and there because of the repetition.

15. gamevil_TA

gamevil_TA Well-Known Member

Get it before you try the sequel!

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Is the sequel going to be based off of the original storywise, or is it going to be a whole other storyline on its own?