Santa Hates You (but loves me) - coming to iPhone Dec 2012

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by unseenthings, Dec 8, 2012.

1. unseenthings

unseenthings Member

Mar 9, 2010
    iOS Programmer
    Memphis, TN
    Hi all,
    wanted to drop a note about a new app I developed coming out hopefully next week (it's waiting to be reviewed by Apple now) called Santa Hates You (but loves me). It's a silly little app with one main button ("Give me a Present") and if you know "how to ask nicely", then you'll get good presents, like a bag of money or a plate of cookies. If you don't know how to ask nicely, you'll get something more like a bag of socks or steaming pile of poo.

The trick is that there's a special thing that you do before you hit the button each time, and then you get the good presents. Your friend doesn't know this, so as you show him the app, you tell him, "Santa hates you, but he loves me" -- because you always get the good stuff, and he never does.

We've got some great hand-drawn illustrations and animations and it should be a fun little app out mid-next week. It'll be free for the first 48-72 hours, and then $0.99 after that.

It was built over the last month or so using Unity 3D. The artist was a student, but the other 3 people involved are professionals working in the industry.

Here are a couple of screenshots from the app:

[​IMG]

This is what happens when you don't know how to ask nicely:

[​IMG]

Anyway, thanks for giving it a look, I'll update the thread and post in the main forum once it's out, which should be next week.

-Greg / unseenthings

2. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Sounds pretty funny

3. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    And the art looks really good

4. unseenthings

unseenthings Member

Mar 9, 2010
    iOS Programmer
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks! Yeah, he did a great job. I'm going to try to make a video in the next day or two as well, because screenshots don't quite capture the whole thing. We've got some good Christmas-y type music going on and the Christmas lights are blinking and the animations add a lot to it. It was a really quick project, but we're really happy with how it came out.

5. unseenthings

unseenthings Member

Mar 9, 2010
    iOS Programmer
    Memphis, TN
    App is available tomorrow

Still working on that video, but the app itself will be available in the app store tomorrow (12/12/12, like everyone else..) -- it'll be free for the first 48 hours and then $0.99 after that.

New thread coming in the appropriate place tomorrow.

thanks.

6. unseenthings

unseenthings Member

Mar 9, 2010
    iOS Programmer
    Memphis, TN