Roll Turtle - an exciting rolling journey platform game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kirafu, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #1 kirafu, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Hi everyone,

This is Kira from Taiwan, I would like to introduce you to our upcoming game -- Roll Turtle.
    It is an easy to play, but challenging, action driven puzzle platform.

Here is the preview video that will appear on the Appstore (30 seconds) :D

We were very fortunate and grateful to be part of many big events; Tokyo Game Show, Indie Game Area 2015 and the Casual Connect Asia's Indie Prize 2015. We also had the chance to grab some prizes along the way! :)
    *If you were there, perhaps you have some impression of our game.

What makes Roll Turtle special, is that we tried as much as possible to give you a taste of the past, when it was all about a console, plugged to a TV in the living room, the controller and you!

It was very important for us to share the love for this era within our game and keep it as authentic as possible. This is why there is no IAPS, no Ads, no need for a network connection, and many unlockables and secretes to unlock.

Roll in the snow, in the forest, or even in the sky! Defeat the very mean bunny who stole your eggs at the end of each world! Be sure to put some headphones on to fully appreciate all the little details of the soundtrack!

Roll Turtle will be released on Thursday, May 19, 2016 on the iTunes AppStore, as a premium title at the price of $2.99.

Here are game features:
    • Casual gameplay combining platformer, puzzles, and challenging with innovative level design.
    • 5 different worlds with 100+ truly unique levels and boss level.
    • Intuitive and Easy to understand controls, Touch then roll!
    • Super cute characters, but beware of the progressive difficulty that has a challenge for everyone!
    • Memorable, fun and unique soundtrack, with a different theme for each world!
    • No iap, No ads, with the progress of the game to unlock everything.
    • Universal app optimized for iPhones, iPods and iPads.
    • Achievements & Leaderboards.

Here are some animated gifs (iPod Touch 5) & screenshots (iPad)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think?
    You can get more info from our website.
    web site: http://rollturtle.strikingly.com
    facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RollTurtle
    twitter: https://twitter.com/kirafuRyu

Any comments are welcome :)

--
    Kira Fu

2. Tunishia

Tunishia Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    It Manager
    Bangladesh
    Looks superb! Might be more interesting while playing this one.

3. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    Thanks, Tunishia.

I'm glad you like Roll Turtle :D
    here is the other video,
    Roll Turtle - Official Trailer Tokyo Game Show 2015 ( 1 min 14 seconds)

4. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Oh the small turtles are so cute !!! the graphics are really good as well !!! I can't wait to test this game !!

5. kell_kao

kell_kao New Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Looks good! I want to play this game.

6. A ton of work has gone into this one. Looking forward to your release!

7. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    Thanks kripa1415, kell_kao and RossmanBrothersGames for giving us positive comments.

Countdown 11 days :)

[​IMG]

8. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    Countdown 4 days!
    ‪Roll Turtle‬ will be released on Thursday, May 19, 2016 on the iTunes AppStore.

[​IMG]

9. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Taiwan? Then you got my support! My wife is Taiwanese and I lived there, great place for food. Your game looks good, I'll definitely get it.

10. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
  11. kirafu

kirafu Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    thanks extreme472000, This version not support iCloud, but we will update as soon as possible
    thanks djstout, Thanks for your support, and welcome to Taiwan travel :)

On the eve Roll Turtle launch, I want to talk about Roll Turtle dev story, It was a long journey, if you are interested in Roll Turtle, you can read it.

Dev log - 0108 Final Chapter - On the eve Roll Turtle launch

I have been a full time Indie Developer since 2014. I quit my regular job to create "Roll Turtle". At that time my son was born, he gave me the courage and inspiration to create something for him.

Since becoming self-employed, I have received no income and have been living off my life savings. I have a home mortgage, a baby and a family to take care of. It is a big risk and difficult journey. But when my baby grows up in 5 or 10 years, I hope that his favorite games are made by his father. Well at least one of his favorite games is made by me.

I would like share every game development experience, play the game with him and just chat all day :)

"This game is funny? This game was created by your father when you were 2 years old!"

I want to tell him this story,
    I want to see him raised his head and eyes to his father,
    I want to him proud of his father.

This is a difficult decision,
    when you not a young man, when you have a baby,
    when you have home mortgage loans.

I am grateful to my wife for her encouragement.
    She told me "just do it!"

「Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results。」
    ~by Einstein

I know that if I continue to stay with my regular job, this would never have happened. Things would be probably be just fine and secure, but you won't know unless you give it a shot. If you want something, you have to do something about it.

Special thanks to my wife for her support. I did all the development on Roll Turtle except for the sound design. I never wanted to say that I'm a one man Indie developer, because without my wife and baby, I could never of completed Roll Turtle. (Although my baby frequently climbs on my lap and wants to type on the keyboard... this drives me insane)

As a family,
    we push Roll Turtle forward,
    we adventure together, travel together, laugh together, cry together,
    we setup the monitor together, carry laptop in the rain,
    we pulled luggage, stroller and equipment in the sun,
    we participated in Causal Connect Asia 2015, Tokyo Game Show 2015, Taipei Game Show 2016...etc,
    we've been through all of this together,
    Roll Turtle filled me, my wife and baby with love and memories of the past 2 years.

Thanks to God, these memories will be my life's most precious treasures.

Roll Turtle is another one of my babies.
    If you love action puzzle game,
    if you love stand-alone consoles game,
    if you love adventure stories that have beginning and end,
    if you love cute characters and fairy tales,
    if you love to only pay once for a truly complete game,
    you must try Roll Turtle :)

Roll Turtle will be release on iTunes App Store May 19, 2016!

~ Fin

* Roll Turtle development has come to a close. I hope that after the launch Roll Turtle can earn enough to help support the development the next game. This is the hope of most Indie developers : "Use funds from the previous game to support the next game". I understand that achieving this is out of my control even after doing all that I can do to make Roll Turtle great.

If you like Roll Turtle, please introduce it to your friends to play or share any information about Roll Turtle with others. This would help me tremendously.

A Big thanks to all my supporters!

[​IMG]

12. Wishing you the best! Will be purchasing tonight. Looks like a game both my son and I will have some fun with.