Civilization Revolution update suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dominator246, Aug 13, 2009.

1. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    #1 dominator246, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    Any features anyone here would like to see in a possible update for Civilization Revolution? (assuming there is one) Post them here. Hopefully 2K will see this. Personally I'd like to see

WAY better fighting animations
    a world map
    Campaign Mode (scenarios? c'mon)

This game has soared in the top 100 chart in the app store. Pretty impressive. Hoping the devs will expand with updates on this title. :)

2. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I hate to break it to you but...... :eek: there is pan and zoom. There I said it!

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Multiplayer
    Multiplayer
    and...
    Multiplayer!

I don't care if it's bluetooth, wifi, or take your turn and pass the device (or even email/push the data) what's the fun in conquering the world if you can't do it by squashing your friends?!? ;)

4. mkrishnan

mkrishnan Active Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Chicago, IL, USA
    I'd like to see some fairly basic things...

- Improved stability on the earlier devices -- I can deal with the lagginess on the iPhone 2G but the chances of it crashing if you play it for much more than an hour at once are too high.

- Some tweaking for the touch interface

- Also in terms of the pan & zoom, there needs to be a way to snap back to the default zoom (or if anyone can tell me how to do this?). When I zoom out to see the world, I always end up zooming back to some grainy rendered view that isn't the normal "100%" view, until an automated focus shift changes the view back to normal, and this is really annoying.

- The continue feature is really erratic -- this game should be better set up so that if it quits unexpectedly (crashing, hitting the home button, receiving a call) it is able to recover back where one was before the quit.

And then more significantly, yeah, multiplayer would be great. :)

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    -Autosave
    -World Map (big map)
    -Bigger Random Maps (small, medium, Large, etc...)
    -Choose how many countries to go up against on maps(not campaign maps)
    -More Campaigns
    -More Hero's/Countries
    -Multiplayer (Plus+ or open feint)
    -Civopedia

I love the game as is but adding these would just raise the bar even more and really set it from the rest. :cool:

6. JubJubBird

JubJubBird Active Member

Jun 30, 2009
    • Allow scroll when using the "move" command
    • Push multiplayer would be so awesome

7. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    It would also be nice to be able to mix units when forming an army (ground only...Not air and sea units.) for some variety.

8. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Better tutorial, I'm still kind of lost after doing the tutorial. It's hard to understand how to advance through the ages and stuff when your new to the series.

9. eVp

eVp Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I find this particular civ horribly imbalanced in terms of combat...

There is really nothing you can do against a veteran archer army defending a city. Until of course you can build an elite catapult army with infiltration (how you sneak a catapult into a city is beyond me. Besides, how exactly is that supposed to help?). That combination gives you an attack strength of 30. Just enough to chew down those archer armies (of which any given enemy city seems to have at least two. At worst I've destroyed five + one legion army.. on KING difficulty.. COME ON).

Now what really kills the game is that thirty is also the attack strength of a tank ARMY (army of tanks.. army of catapults.. you make your pick). Sure a tank army will knock out an archer defense, but it won't so much as make a scratch against a rifleman army (and these guys are like musketeers really...). I can't help but laugh when the musketeer guys dropped my bombers.. seriously...

The pacing is off too. I reached "modern age" while my best unit was that catapult behemoth and the knight that helped it around. Still, I managed to get all the technologies, 20k cash and more than enough achievements for the cultural victory by the year 1990.

All in all, I wish civ rev was more like civ 2 (the best civ forever).