Dropped! Adobe Photoshop Touch 9.99-4.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by gamergirl2785, Sep 26, 2012.

1. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    any comment on this app? i'm using the free one w/ iap..which i bought..is this good compare to the free one?

2. App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

3. I like photoshop express, was wondering if photoshop touch has the filters and borders like photoshop express, but are they included in the price? In photoshop express you have to pay for the filter and borders packs.

Can anyone with touch let us know? I would be very interested in touch if you get all the borders and filters, since express is much better than iphoto. Iphoto is very hard to learn.

Thanks.

4. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I'm also hoping someone might have experience with this one, and any recommendations or warnings. It's tempting.

5. marco76

marco76 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
    Is it possible to use with ipad1? I ve find a lot of guides on google but i d like your opinion

6. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Big things to note.

Doesn't work on iPad 1

Limited to 12mp. That, to me, is massive. I do a lot of my DSLR editing on my iPad and I'm not about to sacrifice 1/3 of my size. Yeah it's got layers, but iPhoto is pretty stellar, it's the same price and you don't sacrifice image quality.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    12 mp? I'm a photog by trade; good luck finding even a 4 year old prosumer model that doesn't shoot above that. Anyway, I figured the price drop might have had to do with the iPad camera adaptor becoming useless in the future.

To be honest though, I can't see myself being accurate without pressure sensitivity...so I lug around my Toshiba "true" tablet notebook when I need to edit on the road; the Wacom digitizer almost makes it feel like working on a light table.

If I thought I could manage, then an iPad would be a great investment for me...but most companies whom aim towards the consumer market seem to think active styluses are unnecessary.

Thoug you would think that apple, with their history as being a favorite amongst creative professionals would know better.

8. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I usually use Sketchbook Pro on iPad. Any comparisons between it and Photoshop Touch?

Also, how is the integration with with a pro license of Photoshop?

9. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #10 jeffyg3, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    I use a 5D Mark II...12mp limit just isn't going to cut it :(
    I wouldn't mind paying a premium price on a good Photoshop app.

10. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I was going to buy this the other day. Glad I waited. I know a few people with it, it's mainly just good for it's great magic wand tool.. It's good to use the app to cut out objects and paste them onto different backgrounds.. But the rest isn't that good.. No clone tool if I remember correctly, and no warp tool.
    But if you use a bunch of apps together, like a warp app, a canvas app (procreate) + photoshop touch.. You can pretty much do everything the computer version does.. (but in low resolution, pointless for ppl needing it for high res)