EA Mobile at GDC: 14 new games announced!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by The Game Reaper, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    #1 The Game Reaper, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
    TA Story

Found here: "What does FIFA ,Command & Conquer, Madden NFL, NBA Live, Need For Speed, Tiger Woods, Wolfeinstein and Spore creatures, SSX, Trivial Pursuit and along with a bunch of casual games (see full list here) have in common? The short answer is the iPhone and iPod Touch in 2009.

Today at a press conference at the Game Developers Conference VP of Worldwide Studios Travis Boatman, of EA Mobile spoke about their focus and dedication to providing the best games for the iPhone as possible.

“We have a phenomenal mix of casual and core games coming this year, to the iPhone and iTouch devices”

While some my be skeptical of how a RTS game or sports can be played on the iPhone he responded with:

“We’re taking those challenges head on.”

Also you might want to take a look at Slide to Play's hands on with Trivial Pursuit

Apparently there is some discrepancy about which games are on the list... still waiting on confirmation from EA.

2. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    MADDEN
    MADDEN
    GO EA
    MADDEN
    MADDEN
    NBA
    NBA

*faints*
    im betting in august when the console counterparts come

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Wow sweet!

Now lets not get our hopes up with this and EA with DLC in
    iphone 3..................

4. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Wolfeinstein, SSX, and Tiger are for sure :D Fifa and Command & Conquer possibles :cool:

5. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Holy crap.

:eek:

6. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    FIFA and wolfenstien sound good to me and thats about it.

7. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    NBA Live.
    i'm so happy. :)

8. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    yes, SSX! hopefully this will make up for the dissapointment that alpine racer was

9. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Madden and NBA Live are the ones for me...hopefully they don't use DLC to make us buy additional teams or jerseys :rolleyes:

10. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    Yea EA if you are reading this PLEASE DONT USE DLC

11. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    gosh..what is it with people and DLC????

DLC is not a bad thing
    in fact, it is a great thing
    do you really think EAs gonna ship a game with two teams and make you pay 30 bucks for the others?
    no there not

so just calm down, take a breather its not going to be as bad as you might think

12. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Almost certainly, these will be coded for the iphone 3 hardware, with some backward compatible compromise for 1st and 2 gen iphone/IPT.

13. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I actually can't wait for SSX one of my favourite games of all time. I'm also still waiting for NFS if it ever comes...

14. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    I don't think I'll buy Tiger Woods... Let's Golf will satisfy me for the moment...

15. Gamingfun

Mar 23, 2009
    EA and DLC are a given. They could even do the 1 dollar downloads to show you a 'how to' on some things or a dollar for an extra set of clubs/equipment perhaps even a tricked out character.

16. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008

SSX Tricky for like the Gamecube?

That would be cool, but Crazy SnowBoard will satisy me for now.

17. Castor Krieg

Castor Krieg Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    EA noticed and responded:

LET THE MILKING OF THE CUSTOMER BEGIN!!!

Ports that will have crap 3D and loads of DLC but hey - masses will buy because it's OMFG MADDENNNNNNNNNNN :mad:

18. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    this is what i think about DLC
    I have lost complete faith in the review system. I look at great apps being dissed cause of the price and therefore rating is three. I see horrible apps rates at 5 star cause the devs were bored. I see crappy reviews.

I see reviews that look like they were made when they were drunk. I thought i'd say. I don't trust review system. wobble was rates two stars an it stayed in the top ten forever despite the reviews. Same with iGirl. We have reached a point. Currently there are 1000s of reviews per some apps. Alot bad for no good reason, only see certain ones on device, on computer only see most helpful, only see since last update. The way it's now is kinds like when u have so much content on a blog, there's 100s of pages worth and no one wants to go threw it all.

Let's wait and see on this DLC stuff. I bet it's not going to be like anyone feared. The livefire was an example. Chill and wait for June.

BTW, easy way to get around the DLC. Just don't buy it!!!
    This is what it'll be.
    Want more rolando levels??
    Ok go pay a buck for them
    Want a new game mode in sway?
    Ok go download them
    Want more game play?
    Ok go download it

Guys, they won't charge for one level. It won't change a thing other then we get the option for more gameplay. Don't want more levels in rolando??
    Don't buy it and be satisfied with the 36
    Don't want more game modes in sway?
    Don't download

Just say no. You don't have to if u don't want to.
    It was a freaking example. Ngmoco isn't gonna charge a dollar for a rocket launcher. Go to the upcoming games forum to meet the dev working on livefire. He explained it all.
    Second you won't be getting half baked games. Full games with extras if u want to pay. I'm pumped at the idea of getting more stuff to play with instead of buyin the sequel.
    Devs don't have to make updates. They didn't get anything from updated. In fact there will still be updates. But the DLC will bring more content which would have not come before because they couldn't do it for free. That's why devs release sequels. They can't update the first for free with more stuff. They can't cause they don't gain money. If anything this is good for us cause we get the long awaited more game modes in sway. Or more levels in rolando. It's good for the devs. I'm behind it whole heartedly and I AM paying 10 dollars for the 3.0 update come June.

back to the actual topic though, madden, NFV,(no thats not a typo), and NBA live is what im excited about

19. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    It is a wait-and-see game (no pun intended), and people have the power to buy or not buy. I may joke about it, but I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing at all. In many ways, it levels the playing field for devs which I think is sorely needed.

20. Gamingfun

Mar 23, 2009
    For sure just don't buy it but still doesn't mean we won't complain about it ;) besides judging from EA's response to DLC on the consoles doesn't give me full confidence it'll be "worthy" extras. I'm sure they'll have 1 or 2 dlc that'll be sweet but I'm thinking they'll mainly be in the lines of micro-transactions.