Which iPad in your opinion?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Amenbrother, May 22, 2016.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So I mainly love to game on my 6s plus but I feel like upgrading my iPad air soon. Which one should I get do you all think? iPad air 2 or the new iPad pro, not the 12 inch one but the 9 inch. Any suggestions?

2. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I'd never pay the cost to upgrade just one generation, so if I had an iPad Air then I'd upgrade to the iPad Pro or hold out for the next generation.

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I got an Ipad Air in may 2014, but these things are so good it will last me at least 4 years, Apple makes things to good for their own business.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I love my ipad Air 2. I say to look at the cost - I got my Air 2 with 64 Gb for $388. Totally worth it for me. Depending on the cost of the Pro, it might be worth waiting, or get the highest memory Air ir the least price.

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I would hold out another generation. The difference between an iPad Air and iPad Pro just isn't that great.

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Dang an air 2 for $388 sounds awesome.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Got in on sale at Best Buy. There are always deals to be had. Keep your eyes open, and if I see something great I will PM you.

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    My man!

9. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    I got an Ipad Air (1), 128 GB, used, no-cell for $400 over a year ago. I'm holding on to it till it dies, b/c there's really never any "die-hard" feature you need besides more of the usual resources (like RAM and processor speed).

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I have an Air 1, and while it still runs most games just fine, the first hardware limitations are showing up.
    E.g. Nimian Legends framerate drops into low single digits when I turn all the bells and whistles on, or it outright crashes. Keep in mind though that it is the most graphically demanding game I currently know of. All other games I have use less.

If you have the money, and the large size isn't a downside (e.g. while I plan to buy the large Pro, the size will make it more difficult to comfortably read in bed) , go for the big Pro.
    You prefer smaller size, and can shell out the big bucks? Small iPad Pro.

You're fine with getting less bang for the buck, and pay less in return? Air1 goes for under 500 Euros even here now (I paid over 800€ for it new), where the big Pro costs ~1100€ .

Air2 is in between the pricey (Pro) and wallet-saving (Air1) options.

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for all the opinions guys!