Square Enix release dates?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gantrithor, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Gantrithor

Gantrithor New Member

Oct 7, 2011
    I am a huge Final Fantasy fan. And I have been a big SE fan, but not anymore. I can't take it anymore, why can't they just be straightforward with their release dates and schedules?? These guys are the worst and we all know it. Final Fantasy Tactics has been pending for iPad, and god only knows the mess they are having with their console releases. Is FF13 Versus even a real game, and how many spin-offs are they going to do? 13 was rough for me, and I think all fans would prefer more action from the early Playstation years.
    So I'm boycotting them and I invite anyone else to join me. This boycott is in effect until Final Fantasy Tactics iPad edition is released, because I'm selfish and that's truly the only game I want right now.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow. So what if they take time on releasing games. That's real life, it's not like every game is done in 2 weeks! You're evil, boycotting them would take a part of their living. :/

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'm doing the same with Gameloft they have really annoyed me with their lets golf removals to go freemium and also got me with gt racing making it freemium after I'd bought it.
    Realisticly though it won't make the slightest difference to them you could get everyone on this site to boycott square and they wouldn't even notice best you can do is just deny them your own money.

Even if I agreed with you I'd still be buying Chrono Trigger when it hits IOS though it's to good a game to pass up.

4. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Yep, VersusXIII is not real. They've just been releasing screenshots and videos for years on end for no reason.

5. Gantrithor

Gantrithor New Member

Oct 7, 2011
    I just don't think they follow through. Too many times they say one thing and do something else. I know my dollars don't mean anything to them, I'm just frustrated by their never-ending delay pattern. I am glad that they take their time, just stop telling me it will be next week when you mean next year.

6. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    God forbid they take their time. Please Square Enix rush out the releases! NAOW! Also that will give me a real reason to boykot you. :D

7. Snacks48

Snacks48 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    SE can sometimes be hit or miss but its always with good intentions. WAY to many people complained about the tiny bit of lag on gen 4 touch devices on FFT so they are holding it back so they can put out a update on iphone/ipod and release ipad version with it since its likely as hell ipad doesn't have perfect fps fix because of the emulation they're using.

FFXIII Versus I don't understand why people look forward to this so much and complain how its taking so long, do you guys really like emo guys with swords wearing all black that much? Its likely they are redoing the game now to be more free roam than FFXIII since that was the main complain about it don't rush developers when it comes to releasing games though otherwise there will be another FFXIV.

8. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Not to sound like some extremist, but I generally try to boycott all games that suck, regardless of who made them.
    I call this idea "free-market capitalism." It just might catch on one of these days.

Meanwhile, Viva The Boycott! There's nothing quite like depriving a company of profit to inspire them to spend more money on their product. (...Or something like that.)

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

This is nonsense.
    A boycott is an act of voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest. When you boycott them until FFT iPad is released and then buy it means that you aren't boycotting them.

10. Gantrithor

Gantrithor New Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Ok. This posting was made in jest. While it would be cool to know that my lowly efforts on a game forum amongst millions could have the strength to rally enough attention for a real boycott to take place, I know that it's unlikely. As unlikely as it is that I would not buy SE products... I'm just frustrated as I said before about the way they throw dates around.

11. jerry0503213

jerry0503213 New Member

Oct 9, 2011
  12. Gonzo_Gamer

Gonzo_Gamer Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Psychologist
    Sanger
    Wtf?

It's been over 4 months since FF:Tactics came out for iPhone and still no iPad version. I baught a PS3 over two years ago in preparation of Square Enix's first release date for Final Fantasy 14 online and it still isn't out. Square Enix is horrible with release dates.

13. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    Yeah I been waiting for fft for iPad too, I wouldn't mind so much if they said something or gave a timescale, but they don't. They even ignore ppls questions about it