icade

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bmamba, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
    #1 Bmamba, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
    Hello guys...

Do you own a icade unit???
    [​IMG]

if yes do you enjoy it??

How many game work with it?? is it reponsive to quick input?!
    it seem really easy to implement in game. we are thinking of using it as an alternate control scheme for our next game Brotherhood of vengeance (oldschool fighting game)

[​IMG] (Actually those screenshot are really old i should update them at one point)

Update:

Our 1st test with the iCade.
    We started to test it on NoGravity our space shooter game.

Its pretty easy to add in so we are going to add iCade support on more Realtech games.

2. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    #2 TakenXXDeadly, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
    Omg... That looks... Awesome!!! Where can I buy it and how much is it?!!??!? Do they sell it in Australia (or ship it)?

3. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
    Thank you. It's not out yet.
    There is no release date. we wan t to do something really good so it take time.
    The game will be published by chillingo.
    The price is TBD at this point but I am sure it will be reasonable.

So you own a icade controller?

4. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    #4 Chocolate, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
    I own one. Yes, the controls are responsive to quick input (based upon playing MOS Speedrun).

It's very nice, but there are not enough games that support it yet. Only ones I know are the Atari Greatest Hits (I paid $15 for the full package and regret it, because the games are not really well suited to the iCade), MOS Speedrun (which is a fun platformer and plays great on iCade!!!) and a top-down racing game whose name escapes me right now.

Your new fighting game looks great!!! :D Congrats! I would be interested in it.

Yes, please add iCade support to it! We need more games for iCade! Personally I really want to see some vertical SHMUPS (like the Cave games) but I'll take a fighting game too if it's fun. :)

5. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
    Yes! it s incredible than so few game support it. from what we readed on the internet it s really easy to implement too. (use bluetooth keyboard input)

I ordered an icade yesterday...can t wait to try it!

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I dont have an iCade and as much as I'd like to try it, I doubt I'll ever shell out for one. For your game, I think it'll be pretty neat if you do support it. But you should also add support for Joypad and iControlPad. I dont see myself getting an iControlpad either (it looks shitty but then its the only one out there), but I really do love Joypad (its free and its awesome!)

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    In that photo of the iCade it has a screenshot of Donkey Kong

Wheres that from ? I thought the Atari app was the only one supporting the iCade and Donkey Kongs not in that.

Any idea ?

8. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    #8 kevlar x, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
    Thats the original mock up april fools photo, no donkey kong atm unfortunately. See this thread for supported games so far;

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=96023

I'm having a nightmare getting my ordered icade from expansys, when I ordered it 2 weeks ago it said stock expected in 5 days, this changed yesterday to packaged waiting to ship but today my status has changed to stock expected in 9 days!

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ahhh okay thanks. I was super excited for a split second !!

Yeah i've got the Atari app, not too bad, the update which helped fix 'some' of the controls helped but a lot of disappointing games, wish they would do an Atari App II with many more classics.

10. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
    goodluck with your shipping... mine should arrive in 6 days.

11. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
    #11 Bmamba, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
    I've received the iCade Wednesday and we finally have some time today to play around with it. After few hours we got it running on our space game NoGravity.

We need to test it a bit more and to add some stuff in the option menu to switch the arcade mode on/off. It look like we will be able to submit an update to apple by the end of the weekend.

Here a video of nogravity 1st level played on a iPad2 with the iCade.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNQv5rfGXzs

The game is available on the appstore for ,iphone 3, 3gs, 4, ipad 1 & 2.

I'll update a short video of Brotherhood running on iCade soon...(We didn't have time today to work on it)

.can somebody please display my youtube link as a video?! thanks

12. TravisR2H

TravisR2H Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    looks great. I will buy as soon as its updated!

13. LcSonicRacing

LcSonicRacing New Member

Feb 12, 2012
    My bf bought me da icade for christmas, dont get me wrong i luv it but i wish der was way more game from da 80's. For now all i play is pacman i want more.. i would love to play contra, kung-fu, donkey kong, bubble bobble, games like that.. Would u kno when or if dey would make these game campatible wit the icade? :confused: :confused: